Builds Stiflers Hzj75rv Mild build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AndrewHadji

GOLD Star
Threads
Figured Id break out of the newbie thread and start a build thread as some things are starting to arrive.

Steve over at Land Cruisers Direct shot me an email after about 5 months of looking that he had found a possible candidate. We poured over the pictures and decided to pull the trigger.

Here are some of the first pics

01.jpg

First pic in all its glory, big ass roo bar, huge rack

DSCN0064.JPG

Only 147k on the clock!

Mods that have arrived

rack.jpg

Ezi-Awn K9 roof rack arrived

Not pictured
ARB Bullbar 3412130

IMG_5463.JPG

Old man emu springs arrived

Still on the way

Arb twin air compressor
Front/rear arb air lockers

Now that's a fine start. Mods in hand before the cruiser. Looking forward to following along. Truck looks great..... I bet you can't wait to get her home.

Great mods. Major coin on those mods. The truck is beautiful and will be even more so as you go. Looking forward to watching this.

That is a lot of bumper you have there. Nice looking rig!!

Al, I had a customer in AUS have a custom FJC bumper built similar. He said it was ugly as hell but with the amount of open driving he did that it was required. He sent some pics of trucks that hit "rooos", similar to what you see from deer impact only more of a vertical profile to it. Apparently it is not if you hit one, it's when if you drive regular in open country.

You guys are more than welcome to Bid on that bumper/rack. Its monstrous for sure. @roadstr6 : im lucky that Im selling my previous rig to cover all of the current upgrades. Net change should be 0 since both will be paid off and maybe a little positive since this guy gets 19ish mpg and my previous got 13 on a good day. Although with the price of diesel... might be a wash.
@GLTHFJ60 July 14th there abouts. Its gonna be a long wait........

I'd see if your agent can sell it all there, far better odds of finding a buyer. Might even lower your shipping costs due to shorter length and lower height

Great looking ride! Congratulations!

@NCFJ, it happened way too quickly, as in once it was paid for, 2 days later it was on a boat.

No worries though, i might cut it (the roo bar) and mount it on my garage wall.

@NCFJ, it happened way too quickly, as in once it was paid for, 2 days later it was on a boat.

No worries though, i might cut it (the roo bar) and mount it on my garage wall.

Looks like it would be a great place to hang garden tools and weed eaters from. :)

Man that spring pack is impressive.

X2 on the springs. Makes my back sore lookin at them. At least you have a little more bulk to help em move.

Same goes for those gutter mounts. Holy cow

Good news if that is all aluminum you may recoup some shipping costs at the recycler!

I have installed a set of those springs under one of those trucks and they are heavy as all get out. Congrats on the new ride and you are setting it up right from the get go. Looking forward to following this thread.

Has anyone ever sourced or made any front or rear sway bar disconnects for the troopy?

Just arrived today, timing belt, water pump and all the fixins... probably will need a couple of weekends to make her right. 32 days left

Not sure why, but here (Asheboro/Moore County) diesel is the same price as unleaded - I had not seen that in forever!

I have been a bit of a TJM fan on my previous rigs, but love the look of the ARB on the 70

No bites on the sway bar discos? Might have to broaden search. My Google foo is failing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom