Builds Stiflers Hzj75rv Mild build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With the stiffness of the springs on a 70/75, I am not really certain that disconnects will gain you much ... But I could be wrong

not trying to be a rock crawler, theres a 4wheel parts near me where the rover guys have a RTI ramp. Would be interesting to see how the troopy stacks up

Ship carrying the cruiser just passed the Panama canal, 5 more days until port. Then the waiting game to go through customs,title, fix up some minor things and install other minor things before taking delivery!

Selection_001.jpg

I ran mine without sway bars for a while, and when I re-installed them I didn't notice any issues with flex when off road. I was running OME heavies on the troopie. I just left them hooked up:meh:

The troopie is kind of a lumbering bear on the trail because of its length and height, but the flex is still good and it is very narrow and fits down narrow trails provided there aren't any turns that are really tight.

Ge to know Akella well, he can get any of the exotic parts for the 75 series. He saved my bacon on some parts that were hard to source. There are a lot of parts that are common between the 40, 60, and 80 series and some 4Runner stuff mixed in there, but it is a mixed bag at times.

x2 on the ARB:grimnpimp:

IMG_0156.JPG

Last edited:
Which port does it come into?

Which port does it come into?

Looks like Savannah. the website stops updating the location a few hundred miles offshore, the "pro" version membership allows full tracking.

Destination SAVANNAH [US]
ETA 2015-07-14 03:30 UTC

I ran mine without sway bars for a while, and when I re-installed them I didn't notice any issues with flex when off road. I was running OME heavies on the troopie. I just left them hooked up:meh:

The troopie is kind of a lumbering bear on the trail because of its length and height, but the flex is still good and it is very narrow and fits down narrow trails provided there aren't any turns that are really tight.

Ge to know Akella well, he can get any of the exotic parts for the 75 series. He saved my bacon on some parts that were hard to source. There are a lot of parts that are common between the 40, 60, and 80 series and some 4Runner stuff mixed in there, but it is a mixed bag at times.

x2 on the ARB:grimnpimp:

View attachment 1105356

That is a great color and a clean troopy. Would you mind taking us for a look inside? Any interior mods to make your life easier?

The anticipation is killing me.

Bring the truck out to a monthly meeting before you take off the 'roo bar!!

Any new news?

Cleared customs and is on its way to Steve over at LCD.... Since he is on a well deserved vaycay with the fam for 2 weeks, i expect the ball sto start rolling at the end of the month/August. Long wait, so can wait a few more....

Right now, concentrating on ways to update it while keeping the stock look. Parts such as seats and radio will keep its original form, just get an upgrade. An example of which is adding bluetooth capability to the stock radio, convert the speaker line level to RCA to have amp connectivity options. stuff like that....

That is a great color and a clean troopy. Would you mind taking us for a look inside? Any interior mods to make your life easier?

Had full troop seats in the back
DSC_0189_zpsa7b42d28.jpg

ProCar Elite Lumbar seats in the front
DSC_0202_zpse4cb6197.jpg

Went Alpine, added EGT and better coolant temp gauge on the aux tank cluster
DSC_0200_zps2bc7e2e1.jpg

A LHD conversion would keep a stock look!!

LOL @GLTHFJ60 i hear ya. maybe sometime in the future. before then i think a rust treatment for frame/body and a repaint would take priority. Ive checklisted
ARB front with winch (check, have bull bar and winch waiting to install)
Suspension (check, OME waiting for install)
Tires (check waiting for install) (285/75/16 KM2s)
Rack for RTT (cehck waiting for install)
Arb airlockers with twin arb compressor (check, waiting for install)

First steps are the above and address any obvious "more then surface" rust.
Mechanicals are next, steering, engine, serviceable parts, anything that didnt need immediate replacement for safety etc
Figured the above would take a few years, then a more thorough rust remediation and prevention.

Least thats the plan... life has a tendency to get in the way

Some little things, Dougs Tub purchased (thanks @wardharris!)

Ive read up on some LED replacements for the interior lights. I cant for the life of me seem to find the post that had where to buy. Ill do some searching but if someone knows who/where, it would save me some time.

Truck is stateside, in the capable hands of LCD to get registered and titled before she comes home. Hopefully 2 more weeks.

Contact 1978HJ45 on MUD for the interior LEDs .... Or shoot me a line and I'll get you the number for the shop that does the work for him. The best bang for the buck I have seen on my 73.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom