Builds Stiflers Hzj75rv Mild build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Andrew, As I mentioned over lunch, I maxed out my credit card buying those decorations so if you don't mind can you mail them back to me so I can return them to Walmart.
Thanks

Gauges look good! Can't wait to see the performance results. You can gonna dyno that thing?

Those Redarc gauges look pretty sweet. I looked at those as a possibility in my cruiser.
The only feedback i have is they dont dim as dim as i would like, there is a control module that i purchased that will allow finer control over the gauge, ill post feedback on that when i get it in

Gauges look good! Can't wait to see the performance results. You can gonna dyno that thing?
But of course, keep in mind i kept it conservative and Rob paired the turbo and tuned to my driving. It may not be a powerhouse with raw numbers but it was a great feeling to pass a car at 70 mph. I would have never been able to accelerate. 3rd-5th gear is usable finally

But of course, keep in mind i kept it conservative and Rob paired the turbo and tuned to my driving. It may not be a powerhouse with raw numbers but it was a great feeling to pass a car at 70 mph. I would have never been able to accelerate. 3rd-5th gear is usable finally

That's kind of crazy, but I guess thats what forced induction does for you. 3rd-5th are the fun gears in the BJ74.

You never know with those gauges so I have the old school Auber in mine. They work and I guess they match the 1988 decor, but they aren't very exciting to look at.

You tow Marshall's trailer home?
Truck 2as looking great, I picked mine up a couple weeks ago. Mike

took a bit to find the correct positions so i didnt hit the drink when turning on my blinkers. Perfect now

Can you PM me for details on the arm tests. Looks like a gotta have item. Thanks Mike

You tow Marshall's trailer home?
Truck 2as looking great, I picked mine up a couple weeks ago. Mike
Marshalls trailer wasnt in the best shape to tow, so its still at robs, its um... needs some work to be tow worthy. Worries the tires and wheel bearings would explode and id just be dragging it home

holy crap, more than a year since i last updated this. wow.

So been dealing with Worst luck with Dakota Digital, since march. Hopefully resolves next week.

Gave the oldgirl a wash and wax this weekend. Went to start it and nothing, no click, just dead. New batteries. Had my wife try to start it and did not hear anything from the starter relay. Ill be pulling it tomorrow to test, are these still available? Anyone replace one recently?

got some good replies on our 70s facebook page, getting a replacement relay from Odd Iron.

While i was digging around tracing some electrical. I came across these two items.

This one is hard to read but its 28610-57100 (glow relay)

20201005_101406.jpg

and

20201005_101356.jpg

so i have 2 glow plug relays? this is interesting, i would have presumed one or the other. Can someone school me on this?

Found info on the "Super Glow" system

Any updates to the Troopy?

still waiting on a few parts like a spod bracket and the like, taking forever, drove it to lunch, hows the 80 doing? wheeling this wekeend?

still waiting on a few parts like a spod bracket and the like, taking forever, drove it to lunch, hows the 80 doing? wheeling this wekeend?
I need to see the Troopy to plan the bracket out. Unless you want me to make something out of cardboard and toss it on the turbo.

Intake manifold is sparkling clean and ready to be reinstalled... again. Need to bolt on remaining items: alternator, batteries, fan, shroud, rad, etc.

Bringing back from the dead. What's the latest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom