Window power without key on made EZ (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Back switches may be a bit worn. Got one to go down a bit but not up. I have already replaced the master switch with the eBay/SwitchDoctor unit (very happy).

Thanks again for a great mod! :cheers:

Thanks for the update

Being the main power relay what else get energized along with the window and sun roof?

Nothing else. Just windows and sunroof. It's the Power Main Relay, not the Main Power Relay. So there.

Which pins do you jump to make it work in ACC position??

Not that easy. You need to remove the hot side of the relay logic and replace it with a small jumper from another fuse in the panel that's hot with the key in the ACC position. I think I used the CIG fuse. It's all done from the rear of the fuse panel.

I think I will do this but wire it to a switch instead of just a jumper. I don't want my windows live all the time (my dog hangs out in the back and can roll down the windows by stepping on the switch), but I also don't want to have to turn the truck on every time I lower/raise the windows.

This is great, thanks.

I think I will do this but wire it to a switch instead of just a jumper.

Now THAT is a good idea. You could easily switch the logic side of the relay to a dash location. The only caveat is you have to remember to turn it off when you get out and back on when you get in.

Did you test to see if there is an obstruction circuit on the windows? I know there is one on the driver's front window if the auto feature is used.

I'd hate to see some kids get hurt playing around a truck with the relay defeated.

Thanks!! great >5min mod. love the free mods!

Mod is available for all four windows up or down through alarm accessory requires 2 modules (1 per 2 windows) Can be used when alarm is armed all windows go up

Could you give more details on this mod? Or send me to a link. Both mods would be awesome! I did the auto up mod already.

Dan

Now THAT is a good idea. You could easily switch the logic side of the relay to a dash location. The only caveat is you have to remember to turn it off when you get out and back on when you get in.

good point, a switch and a relay and the windows will be live with ACC and/or when the switch is depressed...

Good mod. Do you have the jumper for sale?

Absolutely:grinpimp: ....LCP priced at $8.88 shipped 1st class anywhere in the US
thumb.gif
Includes instruction link:D
Or come by and you can make one for free:santa:

I do have jumpers available for the busy or lazy ones. PM me

EDIT - New lower price HERE

IMG_4234.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah, I'd rather keep the relay in the equation as well :hmm:

I've actually been thinking about using a timer relay and a momentary switch to activate the accessory circuit temporarily :idea:

I'm already using a couple in my dual battery system as well as my surveillance system and they work great :)

ALTRONIX6062.jpg

Got a whole box of these things too :grinpimp:

Subscribed - don't know jack about electricity but I can probably handle this one...

Just realized a free bonus to the LCP window mod

The relay you remove is the same relay used by the EFI system (90987-02004).
Toyota was kind enough to provide you with a convenient place to store it in the main fuse box under the hood. Just plug it into the unused socket (labeled -CDS FAN) in the main fuse panel (see photo) for safe storage. When your EFI relay acts up or goes bad you now have a spare.:)
EFI1.JPG
efi2.JPG
EFI3.JPG

Incredible bonus! Best mod for the money hands down.

Mod proved to be to much for my five and a half year old interstate battery. After sitting for four days truck was turning over slow. I'm sure I will reinstall when I get a new battery

If 1 watt kept your LC from starting after 4 days you needed a new battery anyway

Yeah That's what I figured. It is a 75mo. megatron 700 cca, but I really rode the thing hard and put it away wet. (stereo on all night numerous times, headlights on with truck turned off etc.) It took a full charge and is working well now, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time
I'm shopping for new battery right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom