Window power without key on made EZ (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also had about 100mA of parasitic draw: 160mA with the mod. With the jumper removed it went down to about 60mA. I ended up just destroying the auto bulb while trying to get it out, which lowered the draw to 140mA. Looks like the sunroof motor is the culprit. How do you access that?

I would put the relay back in but I don't think I have it anymore. Does anyone know the part number?

Its in this thread somewhere and its "
The relay you remove is the same relay used by the EFI system (90987-02004).

The things people do to their vehicles would make a lot more than a bus load of nuns cringe! :cool:

I'm considering fitting power windows to my 80 by replacing the front doors with ones that do have power window mechs and adding necessary wiring. I believe that internally all the wiring harnesses are pre-configured for all possible options for the year of manufacture. It's just external wiring loom parts (plug in stuff to various optional things) that was not fitted depending on how the spec chart you drop.

To be able to use (at least close) the windows with the key out is a very useful feature to have.

ah. so i was going to go in and pull the auto light and was posting back here to ask how to do this properly.
i actually made two jumpers because i misplaced their first.
so as much as i love this modification it is going to result in a parasitic draw of 100 mA?

DDD249C3-1310-4BCA-81EE-C7311B62F36B.jpeg

B8457F27-834D-4C2D-A0C3-F737C36B3B46.jpeg

7A6A1697-4F80-4239-90B9-4BD307E8BADF.jpeg

F89464BA-0EED-4712-BDBA-888FC31B4F8C.jpeg

For me, I removed this because my battery was dying every 3-4 days. I did some sleuthing and found this mod was causing the draw. I do not drive mine very often and got tired of jumping it. With it removed, I can go 3 -4 weeks now. If you DD your 80, this is a non-issue.

^^^ same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom