PS for FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Back asking questions. I have a 69 FJ40 that is original F-engine. I would like to put a mini-truck PS system on. What years of trucks will fit? What parts will I need? What is the best and easiest way to do this. Thanks

There are a few people around here that need to get ****! If you have a problem with me asking a question, then don't respond.

There are a few people around here that need to get ****! If you have a problem with me asking a question, then don't respond.

Hey fellow,
The people on this board are more than willing to help with any problems that you may encounter. The thing is , you have to show you have tried to help yourself first. This topic has been discussed many times over and the information you need is already posted in the FAQ AND IN THE SEARCH METHOD! The one thing YOU do not want to do is piss off the very people that will help! Dont bite the hand that feeds...............................:flipoff2:

Last edited:
copper-

Welcome.

Please hit the F A Q <---- this is a link and read away.

Not only is there information specific to this question concerning the things that will need to be addressed when doing this style of power steering conversion with the earlier 40 series, but there is a lot of other information you may find interesting, along with links to other areas of the ‘mud board that have technical write ups or information....like:

Technical links <---- this is a link that can be found at the very top of the page….this contains links to modifications that others have performed over the years, along with wiring diagrams and other information.

Along with,

Tech Trivia<---- this is a link which contains specific technical information on different things with the Land Cruiser.

:beer:

Thanks, just trying to get some info. I am new to posting on the internet. I didn't find the anwsers that I was looking for when I did the search, so I asked a question. Then somebody had to get rude. Again thanks, the link that Smith posted was helpful.

Hell man, as far as I'm concerned, ask anything you want anytime you like. That bitching and "search" shouting is for pirate. Most of us are somewhat friendly here. If I'm irritated, I just won't answer. Poser's info is gold...

no hatin

we were all newbs once and got chastised much like you did.

get over it and keep asking questions:idea:

Is there a problem with the mini truck PS because my truck is a 69? I didn't find anything on this, but read a article elsewhere that its more work on the older trucks. Is this true?

I do not think that fully addresses the issue that cooper is talking about there Wildman....

The early 40 series has a steering column that is integrated with the steering gear on the frame, so in order to mate this column up to a later steering gear a rag joint will need to be welded to the modified and shortened original steering shaft, or a splined coupler (borgeson)will need to be installed on the steering shaft, similar to what others have posted up about using out here.....as in the thread you started on 16 FEB 07. <---- this is a link

It is not as simple ‘bolt on” conversion as it is sold, especially on the earlier trucks.

:beer:

cooper-

What do you see yourself doing with the truck?

How large of a tire are you looking at running?

Are you going to install a locker up front?

poser..your info is golden...thanks...

Is your crank pulley one or two groove?

Ed

copper found one worth picking up?

if you need anything get ahold of me, might be down your way this weekend or next.

Paul

Thanks Poser that was useful. That looks like a nice setup. I found a 69 that is all original except a rodchester carb. I would like to put alittle bigger tires and PS. Other than that I am going to go through it replaceing all bushings, seals ect.. It has 108000 original miles, and is in good shape from what I looked at around here. Everything works, with very little rust. I'll try to get some pics to put on here so you all can give me your opinion.

Tex...love the Shiner Bock cap. I am enjoying some of the nectar right now...and I live in Iowa!

That crap is brewed in New Ulm MN... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom