FAQ 40-series FAQ (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Welcome the the frequently asked questions about the Fj40 and Fj45. As Fj55's share a fair amount of components, there may be some links to posts involving 55 series.

The FAQ will be locked, but the topics that are linked to will still be open, so if new info comes up, or someone has a better way to do something, you can continue the discussion in that particular post.

If there are a number of good posts on the topic, the link you follow from here will contain an index of these posts . Hopefully that will keep this post less cluttered.

Clear as mud eh?

if you have any suggestions, or want to recommend a topic to include in the FAQ, or a post with good Tech, PM me. If, for privacy reasons or whatever, you don't want you username given credit for any suggestions, please include that in your PM. :cheers:

Hopefully this section will help.

A good place to start with any project (SOA, Onboard Air, Engine swaps, and Front End Rebuilds, welding diffs Etc) is

IH8MUD Tech Links

A N D

Tech Triva (Which is now a part of the Land Cruiser Wiki) This will include specifics on axles, trans and tcases, driveshafts, special parts, such as SPEEDI SLEEVES etc...

===================================================
Also, for those Cruiserheads who are working on restoration-type projects and have specific questions regarding the history and accuracy of their projects, we suggest you check into the specific group forums for your vehicle.

FJ25 Owners Group

FJ45 Owners Club

FJ55 Iron Pig Preservation Society

Please use these sections only for those oddball items relevent to these rigs....tech issues on engine, transmission, axle, and other mechanical concerns should remain here in the Tech section, since these are universal to all early models of Land Cruisers.
===================================================

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been requested that when I modify the Frequently Asked Questions list, that I somehow make those new links of information known, so I am going to list them in this post as well as in the section that they are in.

We will see how this works for a while.

:beer:

DomSmith H55 info thread including parking brake conversion info for the split case

H55/splitcase into 02/79-40 series

Misc Torque Specs-Use at your own risk!

Lock Out 101

TUBE DOORS

More one-piece case rebuild info

4-PLUS Tire/Cooler Carrier Install

Proper clutch disc orientation

Pre-fitting pilot bearing to transmission input shaft

Over the fender bench seat

Low gearing options/craw ratio

Flywheel step measurments

Power steering fitting sizes for pressure and return lines for ASE and Metric steering gears/pumps.

H41/Orion combo

Weber carburetor information

BEZEL INFO Why the headlamp trim piece is installed with the wide part to the top.

Even MORE valve adjustment info
(now with color pictures)

ARP connecting rod bolts

Flywheel/Clutch/Flywheel Housing/Transmission compatibility

OEM 15” steel wheel info

Transfer case seperator

Oil pan/side cover gasket info...

OEM style electrical connectors

Dash knob refurbish-How to

Hardware/Nuts and Bolts

My Saginaw Power Steering Swap

A very comprehensive thread detailing the install, parts used and where the parts were sourced, by John Smith.

33x950x15 Tire Pictures

Cylinder head leaking oil?

Steering knuckle centering tool instructions

40 Series fluid capacities

Pilot bearing removal

Better application of a Ford Taurus fan, rather than from the ford taurus...

Land Cruiser Detroit locker install info

Stuck Odometer Fix

Instrument Cluster/Gauge info

TBI install on my 40

2F TBI Megasquirt EFI

2F TBi. Weighing options. Howell/Downey/AFI/MegaSquirt

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom