What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We’re currently planning a 3 week road trip to Wyoming for June and July and we’re skipping Yellowstone all together because it’s the tourist season. It’s unfortunate but our 5 and 6 year olds aren’t old enough to hike far enough into the back country to avoid the idiocy around the paved roads.
lol, the "idiocy around the paved roads" reminded me of a time we were hiking around one of the lakes in Teton Park. We were a couple of miles back in when we came across an older gentleman resting on the side of the trail. As we passed he expressed with quite a bit of anger, "you'd think with all the money we pay in taxes they'd pave this @#!$ trail!" We chatted for a minute, he was from NY. I didn't say it, but kinda wanted to tell him he should probably vacation closer to home next time. I'm probably the odd man out, but I go to the mountains to get away from the city.

lol, the "idiocy around the paved roads" reminded me of a time we were hiking around one of the lakes in Teton Park. We were a couple of miles back in when we came across an older gentleman resting on the side of the trail. As we passed he expressed with quite a bit of anger, "you'd think with all the money we pay in taxes they'd pave this @#!$ trail!" We chatted for a minute, he was from NY. I didn't say it, but kinda wanted to tell him he should probably vacation closer to home next time. I'm probably the odd man out, but I go to the mountains to get away from the city.
I always go to the mountains to make sure I'm hiking on pavement.

Getting away from the city, and getting clean crisp mountain air when it's about 40 degrees outside is one of the greatest things in life.

It’s probably guys like that who leave those cigarette butts in the middle of a hike for me to pick up. Ugh.

I always go to the mountains to make sure I'm hiking on pavement.

Getting away from the city, and getting clean crisp mountain air when it's about 40 degrees outside is one of the greatest things in life.
Y’all bout to get me started on my gatekeeping rant…

Instead, I’ll give you some hope for our future. I took my boys (5 and 6 yrs old) to the local bike trail this weekend and they saw someone’s discarded orange peel in a parking lot. They both lit into the culprit, who had long since left but that didn’t matter… needless to say the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree because they clearly had picked up on my previous grievances from similar lazy litterbugs and took turns repeating my complaints from the last several years. Yeah, kids learn from their parents and not only do mine know they better not litter but now they’re annoyed by it as well. It’s a small victory but I’ll take it.

@prwillard2 you hit on one of my favorites in your comment. I look forward to cold weather camping just for the cinched up sleeping bag with just the bottom half of my face exposed. Idk why but being all warm in that bag while breathing in that 20° air is the best. I’m out of my single mummy bag and in a double with my wife now but she won’t get anywhere near the top of the bag so I can still indulge.

From left to right:

- ARB Linx: Controls my light bars, DRL's, compressor, L and R rear airbag individual pressures, and has a battery monitor for my starter and house batteries. The standard screens I run are the switch panel and speed in kmph.
- Ultra Gauge: I leave it on the fuel page which displays average mpg, real time mpg, fuel remaining and estimated time till empty.
- Scosche mounts on a ram mount for my Galaxy S22 which connects to a SoundLinQ3 for bluetooth connectivity to the stock headunit. I really like this set-up because it lets me keep all of the steering wheel controls.
- Galaxy S21: That's my wife's old phone that I repurposed for use in the rig with just a 25GB sim data only card. It's blue tooth connected to my inreach mini and Galaxy Tab A7 lite below it. Right now I am just running the Garmin Explorer App, and the bluetooth controls for my rock lights on it, but I plan on exploring to see what else I can really run on it. Also makes for a really handy hotspot for the kids while they're in the car.
- InReach Mini2: I keep this connected to my S21 in the car and not mine or my wife's personal phones. I've trained the wife and kids on how to use it and they always know where it is if they need to make an SOS call in case I go trying to save a drone halfway down a cliff in Ireland in an area with no cell phone reception, again...
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite: I bought this refurbished off of Amazon for $80 for this specific purpose. It has a built in GPS which is handy for running Gaia GPS, park4night, and iOverlander. It pulls data from my S21 and is mounted on a CD dim tablet holder which works great. It hasn't fallen while driving offroad yet, but I have knocked it out a couple times trying to reach across it to pick something up out of the passenger seat.
- Midland CB radio.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Awesome - thanks!

Finally had some time to install the winch and bumper lights last night.

88871092-EAB7-44DE-861D-0194A6C94447.jpeg

Finally had some time to install the winch and bumper lights last night.

View attachment 3266694
OMG I want this bumper.
Vendors, please take notice and make a “Raptor style” bumper like this for the LC200!!

Ironman makes similar “Raid” bumpers for Tacoma, 4Runner and Tundra. That would probably be the cheapest and most finished looking option if they could produce a LC200 version…

(Look at the # of Likes for @toofeigginswt ‘s picture. Clearly I am not alone in loving this bumper!)

OMG I want this bumper.
Vendors, please take notice and make a “Raptor style” bumper like this for the LC200!!

Ironman makes similar “Raid” bumpers for Tacoma, 4Runner and Tundra. That would probably be the cheapest and most finished looking option if they could produce a LC200 version…

(Look at the # of Likes for @toofeigginswt ‘s picture. Clearly I am not alone in loving this bumper!)
Completely agree. Reminds me of my bump-it off-road front bumper I have on my 80. I love tube bumpers.

Similar to the Metal Tech I had on my FJC.

DvPNFuY.jpg

UBZ4Qme.jpg

Just a small “repurposing.”

I see lots of aftermarket seat back pouches, but not many for the front. I started to make some for my 2014 out of leather. However, being impatient and with a road trip coming up, I decided to pull out my “pouch bin” and see what I might have on hand.

I found a panel from an old backpack that has webbing on one side and Velcro on the other. I bent it to fit in front of the seat and zip-tied it into place, then added pouches that would hold my flashlight, a work light, spare batteries and a charger, and my headlamp.

Sorry - I didn’t realize how bad the photos were until I came inside. But I think you get the idea.

3A3857C1-B3EE-424C-9B4B-DDFDCBFEF756.jpeg

1F8DFB0C-F368-491B-80CA-A4027FD32B4D.jpeg

042FF7FE-3466-498D-8414-D6AEBD7841C6.png

B4706713-D7C6-40DB-B422-C636BE61D00C.jpeg

Was looking into it but read that the load rating wasn’t sufficient. Is this true ? How do they fit ? Any type of trimming or suspension mods ? Love your build
For what it’s worth, I just got confirmation from Vin that the 5x150 18x9 +25 SCS F5 is rated to 2500 lb. If you’re towing super heavy and have more than 5k lb on your rear axle, maybe they’re not a good idea. I’m strongly considering them for my LX.

75k service yesterday. Oil and filter, venza housing.
Replaced serp belt with oem bando branded ($63). Factory (unmarked) was squealing on high rev lift off, and did not do any other items just for science.

Squeal is gone.
Will do the rest at 90k when radiator is out. Its a tight squeeze in there, and since water pump will be replaced, and coolant, (and heater Ts) i just dont have time right now to do the whole job contortionist style. Since the rad has to be upgraded anyway, i can wait a year.

Will report back if squeal returns in the interim. Tensioner was still tight enough that i needed a long lever (breaker bar) to hold it in place long enough to pin it while crawling under the truck. I think its still good.

80k service and noticed I've got more play in front control arms. Were changed to SPC UCA when I switched to Old EMU BP51. What mileage are others seeing before needing to replace these?

Just getting the truck baselined with every day things that will benefit my family day in and day out. First off was floor liners, went with Husky so we will see. Never had a set before but first impressions are good, I’m liking the fit and they seem like they will do a great job.

Next was seat covers and I went with Escape Gear from Equipt. Very quick shipping, product looks awesome and the install wasn’t terrible either. I’m not a small guy so shoving the straps under the seats and doing all that was a bit of a pain but not bad at all. Overall, first impressions are very good!

Finally was the Kaon pet divider/small item barrier. First and foremost I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with how fast this got to me from Australia! One week to the day from ordering it, it was sitting on my front porch here in Montana. The barrier was well packaged, fit together very well and even looks great. I have a couple big dogs so keeping them in the back was a priority and I think this will do perfectly.

17E7A123-EEE5-4D37-868F-2EBE8A141679.jpeg

F119276F-EA7F-4DEE-B17F-2DC2E626818B.jpeg

2A7638F4-6496-4CF8-90C0-DE2D0D0B5361.jpeg

CFA4C69F-C919-48E5-9693-9456384EFB8C.jpeg

Got around to giving my LX a small detail and removed the side trim molding, I don’t mind chrome but the side trim was already coming off so why not!

Also added the 4wd badge from B3HD printing since the LX570 badge was thrashed.

I used my slee sliders on the passenger side and it’s a little skewed now so I’ll try to put it back into a decent shape…

C8AE94C3-2559-4358-AE54-A18918DC6596.jpeg
3C88DFF0-B0DA-45E2-9590-8F964E90E1DE.jpeg
50C6B6AE-BCC0-40FF-BBCA-A34703FB993B.jpeg
A644D20C-9811-48E1-B259-695965208B82.jpeg

AC5948B9-41C7-43A0-ACFD-378125172F6F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom