Allow myself to introduce….myself. (2009 LX570 OEM+ build and maintenance thread) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, they’re on the list. I cross shop a bunch of different places and find who is cheapest after shipping. McGeorge was cheaper for everything I needed for brakes as well as the second row middle seat back cupholders. They may not carry all the Lexus-specific stuff you need, but if they have it, they are usually beating everyone else in the US.

Add Lexus of West Kendall to your parts shopping list—the few things I looked up there were very close to McGeorge prices.
Awesome thank you very much I am a new to the LX570 so any help is appreciated.

While I’m waiting on a couple tools to finish the brake swap, my 2nd row console lid came in. I went with the gray instead of the wood finish for the lid. The two upholstered side pieces pop straight out to reveal two small screws. Remove those, and pull firmly up, and it pops right out.
4710DB3F-949E-455E-82F9-FA6B60013C7A.jpeg

76B47CF9-9DA7-4E7B-9351-8EFC4713324E.jpeg

I also ordered the 3D printed front cup holder. I read about some loose fitment issues in the past, but this one fits very snug and holds our Hydro Flasks securely.
C4B1E010-D6C5-42EE-945A-BD0A23A58BC1.jpeg

Finished the Tundra brake conversion up front. This reamer bit showed up and made quick work of enlarging the caliper mounting holes as needed. I used some Tap Magic as well and kept the bit in good shape.
752179AF-E369-4FF5-AFE6-1F901ED916F5.jpeg

I finished the install, bled the brakes, and took it for a spin. Much improved! The brakes grab harder, and it stops much better.
46DE015F-AA59-4F44-8883-1A2006533667.jpeg

After the brake swap job was done, I decided to put it in 4Lo. The plan is to exercise the actuator and engage the center diff lock on a regular basis. I have no idea if the previous owner did this at all. Well, it went into L4 just fine, didn’t take too long. But when I took it out of 4Lo, I got the “Check VSC System” message on the dash, with the 4Lo light blinking. The L4 switch doesn’t work now.

I will see if it threw a code tomorrow, but it seems that maybe it just had a hard time coming out of 4Lo and decided to freak out. I am planning on replacing the oil in the diffs and TC.

could be a wheel speed sensor

Fired ‘er up this morning. No codes. Dash lights gone. The PO was emphatic that he never took it off road and “never even used the 4wd”, lol. I’m thinking the L4 and CDL actuators just haven’t been exercised in years. I want to drain and refill the transfer case before starting to exercise those actuators on a regular basis. I have several other items to check off the list, the most pressing being

• JB weld the rediator
• new battery terminal rings (might go with blocks, although Slee and SDHQ seem ridiculously expensive for my needs)
• undercoat with Amsoil HD Metal Protector
• and of course, drain/refill diffs and TC

And did I mention how awesome these brakes are now? :cool:

Got some updates here. I drained and filled both diffs and the TC with Valvoline 75w90. Had to go to two different Napa stores to get the requisite 8qt. The old fluid was very dark, like maple syrup. I don’t see anything specifically mentioned about the diffs or TC in the carfax maintenance history, so I’m assuming it has been there for 150k miles.

Upon refilling the TC, my truck shifts into and out of low range with ease. It’s immediate, it works every time, and I don’t get any dash lights or “check VSC system” messages. Amazing what new oil will do. The CDL will engage in H4 and L4, but when I disengage it, it flashes on the dash and is unavailable until I turn the truck off and back on again. I’m just going to keep exercising that actuator. Hoping that it gets to the point where it will disengage without fuss, and I can just exercise it once a month.

Next up is AHC flush and new battery terminals.

Just ordered some rear hatch supports. My liftgate opens somewhat slowly and doesn’t make it the last couple inches. I have a powered liftgate, and my ‘09 LX was built in 11/08, so the part numbers I used are:
68950-69150
68960-69065

The part numbers are different for May ‘09 LXs and newer. I am hoping I don’t need to replace the motor as well!

Installed the battery terminal kit from SDHQ…what are y’all using to cover the positive terminal? I don’t like how both of these are exposed. It’s odd to me the kit didn’t come with something that covers the positive terminal.
IMG_4386.jpeg

Hey LX,
I’m enjoying reading about all of your improvements!
It’s fun to watch your work.

One suggestion: could we get before pictures along with the after pictures you are posting?

Truck is running great. I’ve had these massive piles of parts to do some PM with and still haven’t put them in. Aside from JB Welding a faint stress crack in the radiator before it had a chance to start seeping, nothing has needed my attention aside from a horn that stopped working. The truck runs great, and free time has been scarce. But we’re planning on a road trip this summer, so I want to get the radiator job out of the way and new globes installed with an AHC flush.

I have all these parts listed below for the two jobs. Anything else you’d add?

Radiator job part numbers:
• 16400-50384: Radiator (latest iteration that finally fixed the weak point issue at the badge)
• 16031-0S010: Water Inlet Sub-Assembly, With Thermostat
• 16100-09491: Engine Water Pump w/ gasket
• 16620-0S012: Accessory Drive Belt Tensioner
• 16603-38012: Accessory Drive Belt Idler Pulley
• 90916-A2033: Serpentine Belt
• 16380-0S010: Fluid Coupling Bracket
• 16571-38080, 16572-38131: Radiator Coolant Hoses

AHC globe replacement part numbers:
• 08886-01805: Suspension Fluid (2.5 liter can x 3)
• 49141-60020, 49151-60020: (2 each) TOYOTA SUSPENSION ACCUMULATOR SET for LX570, URJ200
• 49156-60030: (x 4) new O-rings for the accumulators (called “Ring Suspension Control backup”)

We’ve got 7k miles on the new Duratrac RTs. I did one 5-tire rotation @ 4k miles. They’re a bit louder on the highway than the Defenders they replaced, but still very quiet. I went 275/06R20 in SL.
IMG_5386.jpeg

DSC00540.jpeg

Sometimes we put the LX to work. Needed to spread two yards of mulch. Too much to fit in my Tundra’s bed, so we hooked up a utility trailer and got the job done with the LX.
IMG_4395.jpeg

IMG_4387.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom