What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished off the exhaust with some scraps and swapped out the transfer case mount

IMG_20210207_113341.jpg

IMG_20210206_115103.jpg

KOH. Hung out with Rusty Nails a bit and watched them finish first!! Epic weekend. Back in Camp Verde looking for more trails.

Hammer sunset.JPG

Rob 45.JPG

I sure see a lot of new JL's with NV plates in my neck of the woods coming from Vegas. It's only a 2 hour drive away. I think a large majority of people in Vegas have a unique mindset. I see more brand new cars in Vegas than anywhere else. It is a money and image mentality in that city. Nobody from vegas wants to use a old vehicle for offroading, I get the impression they all want the latest and greatest brand new. This is probably a compensation to try and make up for the severe depression that comes from living in Vegas lol. I think it would be the most depressing place to live. No trees, extreme crazy heat that keeps you inside half the year, and being surrounded by all the gambling, sex, drugs, and homelessness would drive me insane....
It's not that bad here :D

My driver window motor literally went up in smoke but thankfully the local U pull n Pay had other vehicles with the same motor. Dealer wanted $325 for JUST the motor alone which I promptly passed on! We get a good discount at this place so it's not his fault the price is crazy high.

Anyway, here's the writeup that might help others.

3" lift and already have the DVS 4" arms. Gonna be too much castor with these brackets.
You can just drill a second hole forwards in the same bracket. I think there was a thread where someone added a piece of steel in each side and welded it in to add strength (for the hole just behind it) so they could move the axle forwards slightly.

If that is of interest to you.

Good job, this looks like one of the worst jobs on an 80 series..... I think I am going to have nightmares tonight.
Hahaha, yeah, I put it off for as long as I could after seeing the same kind of pics. Honestly, it was about like any other job, where the dread in anticipation is worse than the actual job itself. But it was definitely uncomfortable working in close quarters.

One thing is for sure: the Toyota engineers who made sure that every single electrical clip can ONLY fit into the plug it was designed for are the real MVPs.

Wow - Did the old mount really collapse as much as it looks compared to the new one..
Yup...it required some force to compress the skid plate. Confession time. The engine mounts didn't get changed, they kicked my ass and I got mad and went inside...hahah

Last edited:
EMU 2" springs installed, total lift is closer to 5" as the old ass stock springs were original vintage '94 with 427000 miles on them. What a difference in driving, doesn't feel like I am driving a barge..

20210209_103612.jpg

Now have to find time to weld the Back Bumper kit together, weld brackets for the MC Sliders and install the winch. And recover the last middle row seat and install the Garm gears for the seat sliders and, and, and...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom