What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

• Switched the turn indicators and adding a missing side reflector dealio. Why would you put those on backwards?
  • replaced plugs/wires
  • Speedo Cable replacement - still not working great. Will look at it again tomorrow.
My boy did most of it.
View attachment 2364152

View attachment 2364149

My speedo was wonky as well. I changed out a couple of cables to no avail. I was told to used a little lithium grease in the gauge and sprayed some down the cable. Seemed to clear that up so far.

Replaced the Stant oil cap with an OEM (care of Norwalk Toyota Parts @RUBEN CROW and replaced the airbox sticker after powder coating thanks to @Racer65. Glad we have such amazing vendor support for the FJ40s!

20200706_203035.jpg

20200706_203032.jpg

@1911 That is beautiful. Should make a really nice park area.. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Lance, I have been clearing out all the underbrush underneath and next to it, it was really overgrown, mostly with red cedars (junipers). The family I bought my land from had not done anything with it in several generations. There is easily room underneath for a picnic table, just need to level a spot. It is near the banks of a creek so the land there is sloping down to it.

Today I installed new seat covers from Cruiser Corps, well just the passenger side so far, but it's coming along. I do have a question which I only saw after I bolted it together and was taking pictures...

Did I put the wrong cover on bottom, i.e. are they "sided"? The inside cover of the tops said Back L or Back R on them but the bottoms just said cushion on them which led me to believe they were not sided so I didn't want the little Cruiser Corps label on the outside (sorry Cruiser Corps) so I figured I could stick it on the inside of the seats. Well once taking pictures I notice top does not line up with the bottom. I wondered if that's how they were but now I'm thinking otherwise now. Anyone know, probably @Cruiser Corps if anyone. Then the obvious follow up question, do I need to pull the entire cover off to put it on the other seat, so are the bottoms swapable?

Either way they look great, feel good and durable. Very straightforward installation, just make sure to reuse the wires from old seat covers or replace with new stuff if you got it. I'm pretty happy with them and can't wait to sit in them when the FJ40 is back on the road.
Before and After:
1594184175580.png

1594183891312.png

1594184021034.png

1594184129265.png

Hard to tell if this would actually line up because I just threw the other bottom on top to see if I can tell a difference, but it's not installed so no sure.
1594184036516.png

Thanks Lance, I have been clearing out all the underbrush underneath and next to it, it was really overgrown, mostly with red cedars (junipers). The family I bought my land from had not done anything with it in several generations. There is easily room underneath for a picnic table, just need to level a spot. It is near the banks of a creek so the land there is sloping down to it.
Lee, love your land. Beautiful part of the country. I spent 3 months at Ft Hood back in 2005 when I was an officer in the US Army reserve. Spend a little time on this forum and you quickly see how 40 owners and the desire to be in nature are inexorably connected.

It's nice having a rod rigged and ready all the time.

20200708_202809.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom