What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Working on my drive shaft angle:

6DB8A619-E779-40C7-AB79-1BD8AF455C92.jpeg

Parking brake is around -3deg, and the pinion flange is around +10. Research tells me this is no good. The thing to do would be to rotate the axle clock wise (from photos point of view) down to a close to +3deg as possible, correct?

View attachment 2359228

Parking brake is around -3deg, and the pinion flange is around +10. Research tells me this is no good. The thing to do would be to rotate the axle clock wise (from photos point of view) down to a close to +3deg as possible, correct?

@orangefj45 has the steel shims you'll need to do the correction.

The flanges should be close the same, if the parking brake is -3°, then you should aim the axle flange to -3°. Not +.

But those seems to be at the same direction, + or -, depends which way you look at them.

The flanges should be close the same, if the parking brake is -3°, then you should aim the axle flange to -3°. Not +.

But those seems to be at the same direction, + or -, depends which way you look at them.

More or less I mean; 3deg up, 3deg down

Fixed the odometer by working in electronics clean since I wasn’t able to remove the c-clip. While I was in there, added red LEDs and performing the Light Shade Modification that was suggested by @ToyotaMatt . Thanks again Matt for your assistance.View attachment 2359492View attachment 2359494

Your welcome ......

ROCK ON ! that looks so KOOL .......

please let me know if i can ever help in any way in the future , no problem :)

Finished the new cooling system yesterday and added the refurbished/powdercoated air cleaner with some other small parts to the engine bay. Now to get the OEM replacement stickers to complete it.

20200701_173501.jpg

View attachment 2359228

This helped me:
IMG_1387.PNG

Also, if you separated your drive shaft make sure you reassemble it "in phase". I drove my rig for years with an "out of phase" rear drive shaft after a shop installed my ARB locker.
IMG_3283.PNG

Last edited:
Finished the new cooling system yesterday and added the refurbished/powdercoated air cleaner with some other small parts to the engine bay. Now to get the OEM replacement stickers to complete it.

View attachment 2359540
Share where you get all the stickers. Finding them for my 1980 is proving difficult.

Mounted up my new 4Plus tire carrier and attached my bike rack. Carrier is nicely made and allows for my passenger ambi door to be opened without opening the tire carrier. It’s close. Only about 1/2” of clearance with my 33” tires but it works and I couldn’t be happier.

7CF54CC0-7929-42DD-88E7-5B705C29F312.jpeg

Last edited:
Mounted up my new 4Plus tire carrier and attached my bike rack. Carrier is nicely made and allows for my passenger ambi door to be opened without opening the tire carrier. It’s close. Only about 1/2” of clearance with my 33” tires but it works and I couldn’t be happier.

You put it on upside down.

Installed these BRAND NEW, Series 3, Toyota taillights.

Got the pair on eBay for about $80 shipped, and then also spent $20 on Weather-Sealed connectors from Amazon.

The silver tape and the LED bulbs are my addition to the stock Toyota buckets. The tail-lights came with incandescent bulbs, lenses, dividers, gaskets, and buckets. They also came with funny connectors that you can't get a mate for unless you have the proper year vehicle (sometime in the '80s).

Still - a smoking deal. I'll add a picture of the lenses installed when I take one.

Rocky

IMG_2428 (Large).JPG
IMG_2418 (Large).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom