8x Series V8 Swaps (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What has anyone done for the tap shift or TUTD switch if using the 6L90E ? I need to hook mine up and have not found a good solution or switch to install in the factory shifter yet. Post a pic or partnumber if you can. I am also considering something on the steering wheel if possible

My resistor ladder solution doesn't apply as well to someone not using the BCM but the switch position could.. I put two momentary pushbutton switches in one of the switch blanks on the left side of the console pocket.. right where my right hand would rest. In practice it has worked great, even if the switches could be replaced with something that looks a little better.

So I've finally got my 5.3 swap all bolted in and the modified (by me) GM wire harness /fuse box built and installed on the engine. Have all the pink wires (key on power) going to relays. What wire from the toyota has everyone been using to trigger relays and such for the engine?

Thanks to @rockrod’s chart I’ve got the Toyota harness stripped down to just the heavy gauge black/white stripe, the heavy gauge yellow/red stripe that goes to the fuse box, the t-case stuff, and water temp wire.

I plan on having the fuel pump wired stand-alone and it’s relay controlled by the wire from the GM PCM.

EC5C2346-5B0A-4C2C-9CBA-692634DC3443.png

63EC1C37-ADD7-4351-9D6F-8652874A57EB.jpeg

Looking good cable dude! May I ask where that inlet boot (elbow) came from?

Looking good cable dude! May I ask where that inlet boot (elbow) came from?

Thanks!

They call it a “Cobra Head” elbow. After a lot of searching I only found 2 that were 4” inlet/outlet. The one I got was cheap, very heavy duty rubber, and in the US:
Intake Hoses, IntakeTubing, and Intake Clamps - Intakehoses.com: Cobra Head Elbows
Pic:
7E0DE55F-C0DC-451F-8558-D738B2361FA8.jpeg

The other one was maybe bit prettier, but over $100 and in Sweden:eek::
Cobra head 4
Pic:
26709AEC-F22E-41BB-894C-598111ED6D46.jpeg

I’ve been dead set on keeping the mechanical fan AND the stock air box and this was my only solution with the location the motor landed in. Not sure why, but the engine seems to be sitting a bit more forward than most for some reason. Plenty of clearance at the firewall. Gen 3 engine, 4l60e, Marks adapter, mounted to IPOR crossmember.

So I've finally got my 5.3 swap all bolted in and the modified (by me) GM wire harness /fuse box built and installed on the engine. Have all the pink wires (key on power) going to relays. What wire from the toyota has everyone been using to trigger relays and such for the engine?

Thanks to @rockrod’s chart I’ve got the Toyota harness stripped down to just the heavy gauge black/white stripe, the heavy gauge yellow/red stripe that goes to the fuse box, the t-case stuff, and water temp wire.

I plan on having the fuel pump wired stand-alone and it’s relay controlled by the wire from the GM PCM.

View attachment 1595707
View attachment 1595708
looks like you r moving way faster than me
i just put engine back after full rebuild
my engine is sitting forward way more than what i se in other pictures maybe adapter was redesign

Thanks!

They call it a “Cobra Head” elbow. After a lot of searching I only found 2 that were 4” inlet/outlet. The one I got was cheap, very heavy duty rubber, and in the US:
Intake Hoses, IntakeTubing, and Intake Clamps - Intakehoses.com: Cobra Head Elbows
Pic:
View attachment 1596083

The other one was maybe bit prettier, but over $100 and in Sweden:eek::
Cobra head 4
Pic:
View attachment 1596084

I’ve been dead set on keeping the mechanical fan AND the stock air box and this was my only solution with the location the motor landed in. Not sure why, but the engine seems to be sitting a bit more forward than most for some reason. Plenty of clearance at the firewall. Gen 3 engine, 4l60e, Marks adapter, mounted to IPOR crossmember.
Looks good. Do you have a thread for your swap?

So those of you that have kept the factory radiator, what did you do/use for your lower hose? I have figured a couple different ways to do it, but if anyone knows a hose that fits decent with the normal passenger side facing water neck on the pump, I'd like to go that route.

Right now I'm thinking of using a swivel style water neck facing down, the factory 1fz aluminum 90 elbow, and two short sections of hose to join to the rad side and the thermostat side. I think oit would work fine, but a single hose would be more ideal (and cheaper) I snap pics of my idea this evening.

Thanks.

Izf aluminum 90? I just used the lower hose itself from the rad to the LS water pump with the barbed coupling in the middle of it. I did the same thing with the upper hosing using the gm truck upper rad hose. I wanted to make sure parts like that would be easy to get at any parts store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom