8x Series V8 Swaps (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Izf aluminum 90? I just used the lower hose itself from the rad to the LS water pump with the barbed coupling in the middle of it. I did the same thing with the upper hosing using the gm truck upper rad hose. I wanted to make sure parts like that would be easy to get at any parts store.

Thanks, I follow you.

The 1fz’s lower hose is comprised of 2 hoses with the aluminum 90 degree pipe between the two.

I don't don't recall seeing a 90 degree pipe on mine. I wonder if it was replaced/updated with a single hose at some point. Mine was a 1 owner truck serviced at the lexus dealer regularly.

Here’s the elbow I’m referring to, and the idea I was tossing around in my head:

629AAB24-0ED1-4C0E-9197-8E7EE0E02182.jpeg

Obviously I’d remove the bracket.

i went to orally parts asked if u can go in back and look thru all hoses and found one piece hose no cutting needed
i can get part # tomorrow

That’s what my plan was sometime this week. If you have the P/N handy still that would be a help. Thank you.

So those of you that have kept the factory radiator, what did you do/use for your lower hose? I have figured a couple different ways to do it, but if anyone knows a hose that fits decent with the normal passenger side facing water neck on the pump, I'd like to go that route.

Right now I'm thinking of using a swivel style water neck facing down, the factory 1fz aluminum 90 elbow, and two short sections of hose to join to the rad side and the thermostat side. I think oit would work fine, but a single hose would be more ideal (and cheaper) I snap pics of my idea this evening.

Thanks.
search my posts. I listed the hose numbers I used. 1 piece no cutting ,work great

Thanks. I’ll give that lower one you listed a try. I’m running a mech fan and it looks like any of the truck uppers will work with a section removed.

:bounce2:I’m thrilled to report I deleted VATS from the ECM with HPTuners and she busted right off tonight!:bounce:

Been a relatively easy swap, but I’ll be glad to wrap this up soon.

Thanks. I’ll give that lower one you listed a try. I’m running a mech fan and it looks like any of the truck uppers will work with a section removed.

:bounce2:I’m thrilled to report I deleted VATS from the ECM with HPTuners and she busted right off tonight!:bounce:

Been a relatively easy swap, but I’ll be glad to wrap this up soon.
Good luck with the hoses, it sounds great

That’s what my plan was sometime this week. If you have the P/N handy still that would be a help. Thank you.
hose is master pro 20230 and you need to trim it bit on each side but test 10 times cut one time i screwed one hose i cut it to short
it will fit in one peace

Do you guys have to do this to your frames to do a swap? :rofl:
I still have 4 body mounts to do behind the rear axle before I get started with the motor.
Here's the build thread if any of you want to see more.
Warhorse-LS3 C&C & more

26952294_1782227275141489_4266201060627001422_o.jpg

hose is master pro 20230 and you need to trim it bit on each side but test 10 times cut one time i screwed one hose i cut it to short
it will fit in one peace

Thanks again! Perfect fitting hose with 1” cut off each end. Apparently it’s for a ‘99 Ford Explorer. Bought a Gates hose for $15
8BB8BAA6-6B12-436E-944C-57E70647B2E0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom