What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (66 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Edited it!

Thermostat Water inlet/Waterpump R&R on 73 F.5... Waiting on parts.....

20170410_130656.jpg

20170410_130621.jpg

@steffan if you dont mind my asking, what bushings did you use? I am engaged in the same project on the '76. Thanks

One of the guys on the forum was making/ made them up: SouthBostonFJ40

My hinges were far too worn to use @SouthBostonFJ40 s fine bushings. I bought thicker 'Oilite' bushings and drilled my hinges to make em round... filed an drilled them out for a precise fit... they were availible locally and were about $1/each. Been running them for a few years now with no wear. They'll likely outlast the doors hanging on them.

Is there a 'story' behind this or just a nicely done video?
At heart it's a wide-reaching topic, a topic that happens too frequently, but a topic I think every man can relate to.

The truck is looking good nice job on the rims

At heart it's a wide-reaching topic, a topic that happens too frequently, but a topic I think every man can relate to.

Will there be a sequel?

A trilogy?

Would like to see the flash back to when they were bickering back and forth how dad wanted something done a certain way and son didn't ... or the camping trip that ended with everybody going home unhappy

Or the sequel where son calls dad to ask car advice even though son already know the answer :meh:

More!!!

Hosed her off and took her up to the annual car show for the day on Saturday. I was joined by fellow Mudder Chubot and his FJ-40 and together we parked our Cruisers among the 300 customized, restored, preserved and highly polished show-cars at the annual Fruit Cove Baptist Church Annual Festival and Car Show. It was fun talking to all those folks who previously owned Cruisers or have just always wanted one of their own. My Cruiser was judged Best of Show Import - that was pretty cool given all those nice Volvos, VWs, MGs, Triumphs, Lotus (no need for the plural of that, what ever it is) and others within that category that also deserved recognition. Not bad for a daily driver that is anything but a "show car". Maybe the fact that is was not a show car made it stand out. Who knows what judges think!
DSC00862 copy.jpg
DSC00907 copy.jpg
DSC00964 copy.jpg

Looks like a great show. Had a different experience at a show sponsored by a local Univ Frat bunch. Their best classic American car was a De Tosmo Pantera, lip stick red with a fully chromed engine. Their best offroad was an Ariel Nomad, they were so proud of it, only one in the US and could out run a Ferrari 458 or something. They completely overlooked the 1953 Cadillac, some Chevelle SS's, Range Rovers and a host of yeeps the univ people cleaned up and brought. Shows how little the frat kids know.

Hosed her off and took her up to the annual car show for the day on Saturday. I was joined by fellow Mudder Chubot and his FJ-40 and together we parked our Cruisers among the 300 customized, restored, preserved and highly polished show-cars at the annual Fruit Cove Baptist Church Annual Festival and Car Show. It was fun talking to all those folks who previously owned Cruisers or have just always wanted one of their own. My Cruiser was judged Best of Show Import - that was pretty cool given all those nice Volvos, VWs, MGs, Triumphs, Lotus (no need for the plural of that, what ever it is) and others within that category that also deserved recognition. Not bad for a daily driver that is anything but a "show car". Maybe the fact that is was not a show car made it stand out. Who knows what judges think!View attachment 1439358 View attachment 1439359 View attachment 1439360
Too bad I didn't know about the show earlier, I could have loaned you my tee-shirt :):

Tee-Shirt-1.jpg

Tee-Shirt-2.jpg

Will there be a sequel?

A trilogy?

Would like to see the flash back to when they were bickering back and forth how dad wanted something done a certain way and son didn't ... or the camping trip that ended with everybody going home unhappy

Or the sequel where son calls dad to ask car advice even though son already know the answer :meh:

More!!!
We're following the Fast and Furious business model and will stop only once we've overshot the bounds of utter ridiculousness. We've also signed The Rock on as the son and Vin Diesel as the dad. It's amazing what lighting and make up can do. I'm thinking an origin story where the dad [Vin], tries to coerce the son towards an LS3 swap, but the son [Dwayne] is all carbs and F's and J30's. It's perfect conflict really. Engaging viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom