Builds Zeke, the 1975 Wanderer and DD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hate to admit it, but the mystery PO that did this steering conversion was rather clever.

The lines were old and nicked, and leaking like the Air National Guard, so I had some new ones made. At first I thought to shorten and simplify them, but then I noticed how the lengths and bends they had in them rather brilliantly steered them free of potential pinch and abrasion points.

IMG_20230517_093052900.jpg

IMG_20230517_093113633.jpg

IMG_20230517_093158113.jpg

Never mind the drops of water. I power washed it upon installation and that is where the drops came from.

Last edited:
Well, it's good you found the problem. What's that pump from?

Some mystery GM product.

I've ordered a pump from a 1985 C10 which should be in sometime later tonight, because it looked the closest in the picture. Of course, the low pressure ports are wildly different from year to year, which means if I can't find one with a compatible port, I need to do some cutting and brazing to make it work, or bodge something together on the brand new lines I just had made. :(

I ordered a pump that should've been compatible with the steering box and rod ends. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit the bracket. Looking at the bracket, I see it has numbers on it.
16851397224051433043447518601698.jpg

Those numbers Google out to a 1979 Chevy/Buick/Pontiac 305/350 car. My O'Reilly's guy, who has talent and is grossly underpaid, does a catalog search, compared pictures and we think we might've found our pump.

I drive past two auto parts stores to get to this O'Reilly's and this is why.

That’s awesome, LAPS for the win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom