Builds Zeke, the 1975 Wanderer and DD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also, This thing is supposed to be held together with pressed in or screwed in studs, but being the thrifty individual I am, I found some bolts and nuts in my odds and ends tray and just bolted it together.

I don't see how that will hurt the thing, so we'll see if I'm right.

Finally got to camping. Third time's a charm. Land between the lakes is a beautiful place.

IMG_20230503_080832786.jpg

IMG_20230503_114849131.jpg

IMG_20230503_154531816.jpg

IMG_20230503_160406570.jpg

IMG_20230503_160736250.jpg

Just got back from the camping trip and noticed upon waking up this morning that my spare tire location and attachment method has some shortcomings.
IMG_20230505_071459774.jpg

Need to find a better way, and to think about changing that window.

Tried to find a camp on the Cumberland side, but those aren't as good as the Tennessee river side. Shared the night with an osprey couple who were building a nest and bickering with a blue heron.

IMG_20230504_162328944.jpg

Made a fire from driftwood using the cotton balls in Vaseline method and am sold.

IMG_20230504_164232743.jpg

Supper was vindaloo from a pouch heated over the fire and breakfast was pan fried biscuits and sausage gravy.
IMG_20230505_070118074.jpg

Did some off roading to get to the campsite and out and brought some mud back to help fill holes in the backyard.

IMG_20230505_071732411.jpg

Need to do some tweaks and basic maintenance to get ready for GSMTR 23.

The bed was adequate, the spare mount needs fixed and the new hatch handle works great. I'm not sure the rubber on the front will make it there and back so now I must decide what to do.

There's really just one good tire on the thing. The right rear is the newest tire and it has a sidewall plug like they tell you not to do.

4 new tires would be a big chunk of change.

SOR used to sell a 55 mount, what I had used in my ‘79:

Have an OEM inside mount still in factory plastic in my stash. Still cherish the cargo space but maybe some day.

I had a similar cargo window problem years ago. I used my hi-lift jack between the spare tire and the bodywork .

My goal here is to sacrifice as little space as possible for the camping trip, so I wondered how to use my stove. Remember, my tailgate can't be opened reliably.

Then I looked at my maintenance platform and had a brainstorm.

View attachment 3303371

Viola! Instant table and the truck is my windbreak.
Nice!

The ad that just popped up when I refreshed this page expresses my issue perfectly.

To make this crossover steering over the knuckle, the main linkage needs to be flipped, which makes the taper backwards, and not large enough.

So I found a local machinist to attempt to duplicate what the orginal part looks like.

Once this guy returns my piece, I plan on having a trail spare made.
It sounds like someone really handed you a can of worms w/ your steering set up!
I hope you can get things set up to your likeing.

Just got back from the camping trip and noticed upon waking up this morning that my spare tire location and attachment method has some shortcomings.
View attachment 3315245

Need to find a better way, and to think about changing that window.
Oh noes! I am pretty sure the cargo windows are flat glass, so a good automotive glass place should be able to cut a new one for you.

Oh noes! I am pretty sure the cargo windows are flat glass, so a good automotive glass place should be able to cut a new one for you.
That's the plan maybe down the road. The headliner needs replaced and I have a spare headliner, plus the windshield is cracked. Will do the glass and headliner at one time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom