Builds Zeke, the 1975 Wanderer and DD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My goal here is to sacrifice as little space as possible for the camping trip, so I wondered how to use my stove. Remember, my tailgate can't be opened reliably.

Then I looked at my maintenance platform and had a brainstorm.

IMG_20230420_114515655.jpg

Viola! Instant table and the truck is my windbreak.

They sell fancy ouverlanding tables that do that, sit up higher on the tire…

The ad that just popped up when I refreshed this page expresses my issue perfectly.

To make this crossover steering over the knuckle, the main linkage needs to be flipped, which makes the taper backwards, and not large enough.

So I found a local machinist to attempt to duplicate what the orginal part looks like.

Once this guy returns my piece, I plan on having a trail spare made.

Spent the usual frustrating afternoon working on the back door. Several things happened. First, I found out why they offer both pieces of the latch. My interior piece was broken, but in a way I can live with for now.

Second, once you strip out a mounting bolt on the window regulator, you are screwed. I stripped out one of the four and I loathe to think of the next time I need to get back there.

Third, worrying about getting the window arms out of time is useless. If they do skip a tooth or two, it is child's play to flex them and put them back, especially if the window is installed and run up. This is a game changer for me.

IMG_20230429_153708991.jpg

What material did you get it printed in, assuming that’s a printed part?
That's the black steel version, and I'm satisfied with it. I highly recommend running a drill bit through all the holes though to insure the linkages fit. I screwed up and had to ream it in place which was a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom