Yard find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome find! Glad to see your going to give it another shot at living instead of rotting away. Those goat pics are great. How sad were they when you towed it out?! :lol:

the more enthusiasts that buy cruisers and take good care of them, the longer the dwindling pool of trucks and parts will remain on the market, which benefits all of us. i am happy that you spotted this cruiser before it rusted away to nothing!

(but i am jealous it wasn't me :)

Yeah I agree, but you have a lot of mudders who paid ridiculous prices before you that didnt even run and are pissed :rolleyes: so they take the anger out on folks who get good deals.....

The restore process should be fun as heck man...:D

Great find.:beer:
I think the goats had a great time, getting a lot of attention and stuff hapening around them. You should visit them and include some pics of that during this build.

Subscribed :popcorn:

You can even add a Dodge Ram hood ornament to you cruiser as a way to pay homage to the goats...

You should go back and offer to buy a goat or two... Guard Goats... They will protect your FJ.

Had a little time to mess with the Toygoata yesterday. Engine is not seized. A little MMO down the cylinders and rocked it back and forth in gear. Looked in the breather box and it is clean as a whistle. That is some pretty fine screen over the intake, thank goodness. In the process of chasing wires and vac hoses. Several have been chewed through. Brakes feel like they should. Clutch doesn't, pedal goes to the floor with very little resistance and then returns to the upright position. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Clutch issue sounds like a bad master/slave cylinder. If you have fluid in the master cylinder and the pedal goes to the floor with little resistance, then you probably need a rebuild or replacement. It returns relatively easily since it should have spring attached to the pedal below the dash.

Sounds like a bad clutch pinion liquid valve. That will be very expensive to fix. You should sell it to someone local...heard there was a guy in OKC who would take it off your hands. :)-

Sounds like a bad clutch pinion liquid valve. That will be very expensive to fix. You should sell it to someone local...heard there was a guy in OKC who would take it off your hands. :)-

x2. One in Denver as well, willing to drive ;p

Frame/engine info?

Had a chance to do a little work on the Toygoata today. Threw a battery in it and it rolled over and fired. Surprising since the gas in it is 15 years old. Kinda looks like kerosene. Ran it for just a few seconds and noticed the water pump is froze. Pulled it off, and the thermostat housing. Looks like the Toygoata has been eating smurfs.
photo-40.jpg

photo-39.jpg

Flushed everything out and ordered a thermostat. Luckily there was a new water pump in the back of this thing when I bought it.
photo-38.jpg

photo-41.jpg

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Last edited:
What is that blue stuff? Is that crystalized/solidified coolant?

Follow my advice. Drain the oil. add some diesel or get some engine flush and put it in. Pull the dizzy and use a cut off screw driver on a drill and make sure you flush all the oil out of every crevice . Rotate the crank around until you can see oil coming out of the rockers. Flush more. Might even be worth pulling the pulley and timing gear cover and making sure the oil squirter for the cam gears is not blocked.

Otherwise your taking a big chance of hosing things up.

Also the radiator is going to be shot just go ahead and replace it. Those green crystal will be all in that radiator.

Yep, lots of work to do. Took the day off, enjoying the A/C and the dogs. Thanks for the advise.

Some guys have all the luck!! $600........ are you kidding me right now....................................................................bastard!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom