would a piggy project sell? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
I have a 1970 fj55 with a 2f engine sitting in it. It is completely torn apart but has had alot of good work done to it. I have all the OEM weatherstripping, glass and a ton of parts for it. I am wondering if I catalogue everything I have do you think someone would purchase the project as a whole? I am willing to be reasonable with the pricing but not give it away for nothing. The pig is completely rust free as I had it on a rottisserrie and welded up all the rust with new metal.

Just looking for opinions right now to see if I should take the time to catalogue it all and list it on ebay?

My career change has taken a bump in the road and I need to liquidate a bunch of stuff.

more info in my sig line below on the 55 build.

Noah

What’s your ball park number for the pig and parts?

I know when I was looking at buying a 55 I had no idea how fast they can drain a bank account and thought that the guys asking $10,000 + were crazy and the $20,000 + pigs were a pipe dream but unfortunately the only way to get a pig education is to build one and experience it firsthand. The point in all this rambling is I think your market is a past or present pig owner otherwise your competing with all the other “ready to restore” 55’s on Craigslist that are selling for $2000.00 to unsuspecting buyers.

Good luck!

Guppie,

That's how I bought mine, basically just a body on the frame and 60 axles. I had intended to just bolt stuff together, but that idea went south pretty quick. You will need to find the right type of buyer, that knows what he's looking at.

Would it be a better idea to part it out? Like you said, make a list of what you have with it's value and see how it adds up. I would have been better off just buying good parts, since I changed so much after purchase.

Sorry to hear about your bump and hope you have a smooth road in the future.

thx guys, yeah I gotta just revamp my life and stuff a bit, tired of "things", lost my job today in a new career and it is hard. I gotta say I am a bit burned out on landcruisers in general. I never thought I would say that but I really am thinking of just getting rid of everything besides my fzj80 setup. All the other crap just sits here and I have no time with 2 kids and a wife and no job.

I have no idea of what I even have, I got alot of stuff. Most likely I will make a list of everything and try to sell it on ebay for a reasonable price as a package. If it does not sell then I will most likely part it all out. I think you might be right that I will likely get more for everything in parts vs. a full sale.

Noah
Don't do it. You can't get something like that back. I thought about it years ago and am super glad I decided to keep. It'll only be worth more the longer you keep it. Sell other s*** first.. If you sell, someone will totally score. And you'll be totally bummed

I'm sure sorry I sold all my stuff, back in the Nineties. Sold a 55 and my 40, all my stash, even a set of convertible bows. Thought I'd never get back into it. :doh: I don't sell anything now!

yeah sorry guys, moving on, the fzj80 will be kept, all this other s*** is outta here. I really don't have the choice unless I find another good paying job here soon. Even then I don't think I will ever have time and money to finish it. So many other priorities in line first.

Sorry to hear about your troubled times. Hang in there!

I just read beyond "OE weather stripping"....

Hate to hear it, Noah, but like they always say "this chit storm, too, will pass."

Hope it all resolves quickly, before a fire sale goes down.

I'm sorry about the tough times, man I've been there. I never got laid off until I moved to San Diego and it happened 3 times in 2 years.

What is it you do? What do you want to do? Maybe I know someone. Anyway, good luck hope you stay in the pig pen, but understand if you dont.

Yeah back on the road would be nice. But if not I would put the weather stripping back on the road in my pig...

I'm sorry about the tough times, man I've been there. I never got laid off until I moved to San Diego and it happened 3 times in 2 years.

What is it you do? What do you want to do? Maybe I know someone. Anyway, good luck hope you stay in the pig pen, but understand if you dont.

appreciate that, pm'd u.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom