Wits End Turbo Owners (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are those numbers from the ScanGauge? Your last number set is interesting. Like its a fan clutch issue.

At 80mph on flat here in S. Oregon, 99º outside, I am seeing 197º max. That was yesterday. Today its only 88º and I'm only seeing 192º at frwy speed.
Numbers from Torque app (android tab) using Bluetooth obd2 dongle. Fan clutch I bought from you last year back in April. I was too lazy to change fluid myself. I'm guessing you did it right. 😆 lol

I drove home from my buddies house after working on his rig. Stats from cold engine.

65 intake 178 coolant temp idle from cold engine for 5mins.

65 intake, 195 coolant temp, 80 mph, 5 mins into drive.

74 intake, 201 coolant temp, 80 mph 15min into drive.

91 intake, 185 coolant temp, idle driveway for 5 mins (after freeway drive).

Total drive time 25mins. No AC for entire drive. Cool night temps in the bay area. probably 65 degree outside.

Numbers from Torque app (android tab) using Bluetooth obd2 dongle. Fan clutch I bought from you last year back in April. I was too lazy to change fluid myself. I'm guessing you did it right. 😆 lol

I drove home from my buddies house after working on his rig. Stats from cold engine.

65 intake 178 coolant temp idle from cold engine for 5mins.

65 intake, 195 coolant temp, 80 mph, 5 mins into drive.

74 intake, 201 coolant temp, 80 mph 15min into drive.

91 intake, 185 coolant temp, idle driveway for 5 mins (after freeway drive).

Total drive time 25mins. No AC for entire drive. Cool night temps in the bay area. probably 65 degree outside.

Where are you located in the Bay Area ?

just trust me, change the fluid. Joey doesn’t make those they are outsourced. Ask @Dirty Koala

Fan clutch is less than a year old (drive time) and maybe has less than 10k on it. I bought the modded blue from Joey. That would be really strange for it to go out that soon.

Ok I'll go get some fluid and change it out. Wish I knew this earlier. Lol
Put 30K in. If you can't find 30K, you can mix 15k and 60k equal parts to make 30k. I just did 800 miles this weekend and temps were much better after replacing the fluid.

just trust me, change the fluid. Joey doesn’t make those they are outsourced. Ask @Dirty Koala
+1000 That clutch is a paperweight without the proper fluid weight. I'm running 28K in Phoenix and it was a night/day difference. Also make sure you calibrate it properly so that it open when it should. @landtank has a very detailed post about how to do that. I didn't the first time and after 2x years, I calibrated it and it reduced temps by 2-3 degrees.

Wait! What? I purchased the blue clutch in prep for when my turbo kit is eventually delivered precisely because I thought this had the correct weights/etc. already taken care of for max performance. Did I waste my money since I already replaced oils in my existing (original) clutch a couple years ago and it works great in my NA setup?

I can't speak to that, I have nothing to do with the Landtank fan clutch. I just have recent experience with a turbo owner that was texting me. We talked it through, he pulled his Landtank fan clutch and drained it and refilled it with new CST oil, the old oil looked yellow and oxidized (on a fairly newly purchased fan clutch) with the drail and fill he is seeing much better performance and cooler temps. Is it possible a clutch slipped through the cracks and didn't get modified? absolutely everyone is human.

Wait! What? I purchased the blue clutch in prep for when my turbo kit is eventually delivered precisely because I thought this had the correct weights/etc. already taken care of for max performance. Did I waste my money since I already replaced oils in my existing (original) clutch a couple years ago and it works great in my NA setup?

Real time help needed please
What os the torque spec for the turbo to the t4 flange - thnx. Its the last thing

Real time help needed please
What os the torque spec for the turbo to the t4 flange - thnx. Its the last thing
Just snug it up tight in a cross-cross pattern. You aren’t going to be able to get a ton of leverage given the location anyway.

The mod'd blue clutch (to my knowledge) was never mod'd for the turbo application. It has been around a lot longer than this kit. And is not mod'd so to speak per persons environment. In the PNW I got away easily with 10-15k fluid where the AZ guys put double that in theirs. Just my .02

Does anybody have insight on how to route this turbo return oil line? It's pretty close to the J pipe.

IMG_4101.JPG

IMG_4100.JPG

Got it. Just loosened the fitting and moved it to the placement you have. Thanks for the picture.

curious if guys have upgraded their rads as part of the build what you are going with? I know Ron Davis is the premium option but I see that Rock Auto has an all metal CSF rad for less than half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom