Wits End Order Issues / Joey Romero (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I’ve read through this thread in its entirety, but has anyone actually heard from, seen, or know if Joey and his wife are alive and well? Regardless of my previous posts I don’t hate the guy or wish him harm. Simply think he made some piss poor business decisions and that he’s pretty arrogant

I think I’ve read through this thread in its entirety, but has anyone actually heard from, seen, or know if Joey and his wife are alive and well? Regardless of my previous posts I don’t hate the guy or wish him harm. Simply think he made some piss poor business decisions and that he’s pretty arrogant
Based on the last Instagram posts his wife had made before the account was made private, yes, both Joey and his wife appear to be alive and well.

Based on the last Instagram posts his wife had made before the account was made private, yes, both Joey and his wife appear to be alive and well.out of curiosity,hat was the post?
Out of curiosity, what was the post?

He's made court appearances so we know he's alive.
Whether he's well or not is a whole different conversation.

Last edited:
From what I saw the Judge has ordered Chapter 7, Title 11 bankruptcy. Now there's a whole process that has to be gone through.
Watching from afar, does that mean tho you get to walk away from the debt ? Not a bad lurk if you trousered the coin and get to keep it.

Watching from afar, does that mean tho you get to walk away from the debt ? Not a bad lurk if you trousered the coin and get to keep it.
idk, but Wits End doesn't appear to be a LLC but a sole proprietorship.

There are important differences between LLCs and sole proprietorships. The most significant difference is whether you have limited liability for the business’ debts and obligations, as with an LLC, or whether the business’ liabilities and obligations fall to you personally in the event of a lawsuit or debt collection.

Source

I think chapter 7 means he’d liquidate any and all unnecessary assets minus his home and the immediate property/land it sits on (dunno how close quarters his shop is to his home, but it might get broken up). Idk what a judge will deem as liquefiable assets when it comes to vehicle specific aftermarket car parts. Pretty sure there’s some shady things that can be done depending on what’s in his name or his wifes name. Anywho, we’ll see

Pretty much, he basically can keep all personal assets and it's only assets under the business that is liquidated. Look up the bankruptcy for Pelfreybilt, a once respected fab company in the Toyota market, they did worse than Joey and all that happened was their assets (e.g. products, etc) were auctioned off. Most didn't get their money back. BAMF purchased the inventory and sold it at a discounted rate.

The Pelfrey's started a new business under a different name...

50 sets in queue. I'm hoping they will be available for my annual New Year's Day sale, but possibly a week or two into January. Adding case hardening to the new ones and changing little things that have come up after using them 20-30 times now.

Jason
TT
I concur, after using 20-30 times there is wear, put me in for the case hardened ones please sir!

The business is inventory based it doesn't hold any assets, he did well. I have a similiar business but completely different line of a product, a company tried to sue me for copyright once and I told them that was fine I would just scuttle the llc or they can have $500 for their time....they never bothered me again didn't even take the $500.

The business is inventory based it doesn't hold any assets, he did well. I have a similiar business but completely different line of a product, a company tried to sue me for copyright once and I told them that was fine I would just scuttle the llc or they can have $500 for their time....they never bothered me again didn't even take the $500.
yup, this is why an LLC is a great idea, people sue for all sorts of ridiculous reasons, I am surprised Joey did not put his company under an LLC. I believe if it is still a sole prop his personal accounts and assets are available for liquidation in court?

Hey all, sorry didn't have the time to go over the full thread. So we are not getting our turbo kits? i've ordered mine in 2020... Should I be worried and start contacting the credit card company?

Contact your credit card company? Your rights may have expired years ago.

There is no time limit if you can convince your credit card company that was fraud was involved.

This is why people should dispute charges as soon as it becomes apparent a product will not ship in a timely manner, otherwise they might forfeit their consumer rights. Not shipping for years is not reasonable in anyone's world.

My first charge I ever disputed was due to Wits End. 30 days passed with no shipping and no communication caused me to file my first CC dispute. I don't play the game that "Joey Romeo will eventually ship, you just got to wait".

So how did court go yesterday?
Excuses....
I can't go into details, but it was just one more display of everything we've come to know and love about His Joeyness.

I wish I were able to post a transcript, as you would all get a solid laugh at the endless stream of "it's not my fault" that spews forth from his face spigot, unfortunately that's not an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom