Whoops I did it again (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First step complete and it’s only been an hour.

IMG_0653.jpeg

IMG_0655.jpeg

IMG_0656.jpeg

IMG_0657.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

First test fit was a fail. One inch to high, better than an inch too short. Cut and rechecked and the steering column attaches and the pivot for the pitman arm is spot on. I will have to re-drill the frame holes because I’m not perfect, doh.

IMG_0666.jpeg

IMG_0667.jpeg

IMG_0669.jpeg

IMG_0670.jpeg

IMG_0671.jpeg

1/2 frame mount. 3/4 box mount and the rest is 3/8th. Will have to trust this with my life. I think it’s over kill so it’s perfect.

IMG_0676.jpeg

IMG_0677.jpeg

IMG_0678.jpeg

Paint it while it’s hot off the wood stove. Crude for sure.

Would you trust your life with this????

IMG_0679.jpeg

IMG_0680.jpeg

I love geometry. What a fun day. Just reveling in the fruitions on my labour.

IMG_0679.jpeg

IMG_0680.jpeg

Got her bolted in and just picked up some PS fluid.

IMG_0681.jpeg

IMG_0683.jpeg

IMG_0684.jpeg

yee ha!

IMG_0685.jpeg

IMG_0686.jpeg

Very impressive. That's a spicy drill-bit!

Very impressive. That's a spicy drill-bit!
It’s beats a $100 drill bit from the store. Which I’m sure no one has a half inch drill bit in that length.

Last edited:
Well the power steering is bled. No leaks except for my undies. Just straight up winning over here. Minus the undies.

Now yer just show’in off. 🤷‍♂️

Wasn’t there space for a drill down there? That’s where a 90* drill comes in handy.

Which reminds me, I’ve still got a pedestal to cut off. Never done.

Minor fail, the last frame bolt cross threaded and now I gotta go to plan F-uck.

Minor fail, the last frame bolt cross threaded and now I gotta go to plan F-uck.
Have you seen those little wire bolt fish things?

Look like a helicoil, except there's a long ass tail off one end. You thread the bolt into it and then you can use the wire to pull it through into a blind hole.

Bought a hitch kit for the wife's car years ago, came with a couple for getting bolts up inside the frame. Pretty slick.

Have you seen those little wire bolt fish things?

Look like a helicoil, except there's a long ass tail off one end. You thread the bolt into it and then you can use the wire to pull it through into a blind hole.

Bought a hitch kit for the wife's car years ago, came with a couple for getting bolts up inside the frame. Pretty slick.

Those work like a hot damn! I keep one in the toolkit just in case

Figured I’d post this for entertainment purposes.

IMG_0689.jpeg

This rare earth magnet did the trick. Apparently the bolt wasn’t cross threaded. I just had to clean the threads up.

IMG_0690.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom