Who likes hub caps who doesn’t (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Honestly, I like it both ways. I probably prefer it without hubcaps, especially with the full floating rear end. However, the hubcaps look great, especially if you're wanting to maximize that 'vintage' look. Either way, you can't lose with a Land Cruiser.

... 'capless' when the vehicle has a ff rear axle. Front and rear look balanced that way...
I can go home now, I learned something :D. Haven't ever paid enough attention to the multitude of FF discussions and was a bit confused about the above comment until I finally looked closely at seamonkey's 45 pics. FF's have hubs! And apparently the later hubcaps fit over them. Wonder if the early acorn hubcaps fit over them?

Last edited:
I can go home now, I learned something :D. Haven't ever paid enough attention to the multitude of FF discussions and was a bit confused about the above comment until I finally looked closely at seamonkey's 45 pics. FF's have hubs! And apparently the later hubcaps fit over them. Wonder if the early acorn hubcaps fit over them?

I always assumed they used fronts all around when the rear was FF.

So… my son an I are at odds, our new build. I love the what I call hub caps, he does not. I’m paying so Momma gets her way lol
but just curious what look do you all like, won’t change my mind tho.

View attachment 3156131

View attachment 3156132

View attachment 3156133

View attachment 3156134

View attachment 3156135
Caps on this truck. Looks unfinished with out. To me caps look best on painted deep dish wheels. I never liked hub caps on chrome wheels, especially baby moons. I am partial to spokes. When I fist got my FJ40 spokes were the rage so instead of buying some decent tires I put a set of white spokes on it. They have been on so long now that I almost think of them a OEM. It has a lot to do with what kind of use you are going to put your rig through. Hard rocking you want something that is sturdy and can be easily dressed up with a rattle can. Sand or mud is a little more forgiving so you can go a little dressier. Spindly 20 inchers and the like on a FJ 40 Land Cruiser, you should be run out of town. Heeps are okay though.

Hub caps do look good , its more retro or vintage look
No caps look more industial , work truck or military
No caps look better for my tast

Screenshot_20211128_084601_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20221101_184945_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Do it the way god intended…

i agree !

excellent advise .......
😇

- both 1983 FJ43L-KC 's were and are my personal builds , the red one now sold , the Mustard one is in long term Hybridation status

DSC_0025.JPG
DSCN0577.JPG
DSCN0596.JPG
DSCN0599.JPG
DSCN6584.JPG
DSCN6594 - Copy.JPG
DSCN6596.JPG
PICT0392.JPG
PICT0393.JPG
PICT0394.JPG

-

I have debated the same thing on my cruiser as well. I like it without and with the caps. My other thought is if I should keep the wheel black or paint they grey.
Also I’m not a big fan of the white wagon wheels. If seen some 40’s with them and didn’t mind the look but overall not a big fan.

33F6F433-A813-404B-BC74-DB164752E36D.jpeg

I like the gray wheels. I also like the Cygnus colored wheels I seen guys do. Light color shows off well against the hub caps.

Hub caps on Chevy wheels
That’s pretty sharp! Can you share any details?

Very nice look. In my little Infantry Head I’m thinking of the possibilities. I have 17” FJC steelies now. Purely for the availability of different tire size and a bit of the YOTA heritage. Always wanted that steely (Dan 🙄) look with the hub caps.

Semi-Hijack alert. 🚨 🚨 🚨

Hubcap, if only mild 4wheeling is in sight...
I don't see what you mean :angelic:

1667421474146.png

It's the worst of them but by now I've smashed 3 of them x)
But it can be somewhat hammered back in shape and I think that it adds patina/battle scars 🤷‍♂️ (and could be very easily/cheaply replaced if desired)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom