Who likes hub caps who doesn’t (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Matt, can you share some part numbers for those rims? Those are saweeet!

i litterly JUST picked them up today from my local Toyota dealer commercial HUB ,

NO SHIPPING involved at any Toyota Dealer also , is a GOLDEN RULE !

sure , ill post some photos here in a bit ....

I don't see what you mean :angelic:

View attachment 3157386

It's the worst of them but by now I've smashed 3 of them x)
But it can be somewhat hammered back in shape and I think that it adds patina/battle scars 🤷‍♂️ (and could be very easily/cheaply replaced if desired)
Hey fix, it's not to often we see factory 16" splits with hub caps. Many years ago I noticed an FJ 45 noted as a UK model in the front section of the Haynes manual wearing caps on it's split16s. Soon afterwards I installed clips on splits on my 55. It's a good look. Thanks for sharing.

Hey fix, it's not to often we see factory 16" splits with hub caps. Many years ago I noticed an FJ 45 noted as a UK model in the front section of the Haynes manual wearing caps on it's split16s. Soon afterwards I installed clips on splits on my 55. It's a good look. Thanks for sharing.
Yes it's not common over here also. In the EPC it seems that the 16" splits was only existing with the clips until 1976, only after a version without clips is listed. Seems to match what I see here where only the oldest 40s have rims with the clips. Anyway the trucks were not delivered originally with the caps in Europe.

My Canadian purchased (wrecking yard) split rims had little indentations indicating the location of the fastener. I drilled and tapped for 8-32 machine screws, then locked them with a hex nut on the back side. Also pertaining to this thread I like the black 3 1/4" hub caps on the rear of Toyota Matt's fj40. The ones I have tried were from an fj 60 and didn't work with our typical steelies, so one day I had to make some that work. Without something filling that hole, running capless makes the rear look unfinished.

Get Ready to see the most OEM all factory non - USA japan spec parts
Involved in installing these on my girl the “ GHOST “

I hope to sway some of you “ steelies “ folks and the whole silly chrome and black trimmed out hub caps crowd over to “ our “ side of the Factory Anything and Always OEM Wagon Wheels fence of TEq Factory Fit Form and Function ….

Especially , those whom have made the sad choice of installing 40 series sieelies and chrome hub caps on a 60 or 62 😧

I have come of with somthing for the oem wagon wheel crowd that is a bit unique and will tie in my Full Floating Rear axle and OEM ASCO Hubs
that will both subscribe to and fulfill my opening mission statement of my
10/88 FJ62LG-PNEK and the OEM inspired Sema Spec Concept Visionary NON-USA ( Siberia-Spec ) HJ61 “ SNOW VERSION ❄️ “ one off approach …..

- I have pre-planned to omit any OEM rear center caps due to the full floating rear axle , instead I will be approaching the outer hubs of it in the. rear in a heavy duty tough as nails yet cosmetically pleasant final trim out skool of thought I have never seen done before but we shall see now if it says what I envision it saying or not ?

Last detail is yes or no on front open style ends oem center caps ?

I actually can’t make up my mind and will
Leave this last details that matter and matter do details till wagons and Bfg raised white letters are actually mounted and in place for the proper
Andy Warhol style TEq inspire ..

And yes ….

Lookout black-walls facing out people …

The Blue Collar Intellectual in me will be sporting BFG ,s w/ all the Raised White Lettering facing outward ….

I will be going for a same in kind size spec. To a 33” tall Bfg

Not sure how wide I can go yet based on a OEM x6JJ. wide OEM wagon rim ?

2E718A60-920B-4613-9C1E-CF6F665E3C82.jpeg
F4DBDC95-F7C8-412F-A68F-C8AF4B603503.jpeg
145CB497-4A1F-446E-9F29-BA7B257584C6.jpeg
4A413C09-D9A6-4899-A2E1-2CCB0D54A515.jpeg
76C572DA-B85D-4C5F-B03C-8D97150CC6B4.jpeg
81213988-A637-4B8D-A473-A9053979CFE5.jpeg

In addition to my outlined plans above :

- today I physically ordered from TOYOTA qty x 1 of every single CHOME Hemispheric shaped dome topped / solid style Toyota Steel Wheels correct bevel / Achorn lug nuts toyota still actually offers / had at least 40+ pieces in the North American destination market price tape system , I made hand written old skool composition book cheat sheet notes while A “ entry level Padawan-Learner “ dealership parts department staff member back in the day …

I still have all my own idea concept , I called “ my books of POWER “ for faster then looking it up all over again on the original microfiche viewer reader …

- while my dead-beat it’s just only a job for now attitude fellow parts staff Members played checkers in the back office overlooking both shop and retail counters and making up and consorting in somthing called a NFL Block-Pool club ?

Still don’t know exactly what that was nor give a rats a#z about a game with hard to understand rules that surrounds a oblong ball made of pigskin ?

- out of shear enthusiasm and starting at become totally addicted to anything Land Cruiser. - and ANY toyota 4WD Vehicle platform , including a 1983-1987 Tercel 4x4 wagon with the rare as all get out special order build sheet option “ SNOW VERSION “ package that included a real honest to god LOW RANGE shifter feature when one was Also equipped with a 5spd manual transmission , now I’m not talking a run of the mill SR5 package …

I only ever saw personally and had a chance to physically work on when a service technician and later T-TEN team leader a hand full of these true unicorns 🦄 in the wild

And tech thread Related here there OEM steel wagon wheels and center caps were truly unique and coveted ..

I will be posting a actual photo and part numbers for each and every chrome achorn domed cap style lug nut i find still availble here to share a bit of past history And also create a historical archive in a thread that matters here on MUD …

So stay tuned. for all that smack soon here below

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom