What’s everyone using for on board air in 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You need a better marketing slogan..🤣
Yea, I know.
I will add that I've had a York system in an 80 since about 2008. I've never "timed" tire fills before, but I'm always the last one out of the parking lot because I'm usually filling everyone else's tires after I'm done with mine. It's the guys with the empty Powertanks and the one's with no OBA system.
I use a 4 way inflate/deflate system I built years ago, and it takes care of 36" tires from 12 to 32 psi pretty quickly.

I've got dual Viar 400's mounted in the right rear quarter panel on a Witt's End panel and a 2.5 gallon tank underneath. It airs up a 35" tire in about 2 minutes but I haven't put a watch to it. Definitely faster than the single Viar I had in my 4Runner on 35's.

I use a home brew power tank.

I have used co2 for years but the price has risen dramatically $35 10lb, that i have just switched to arb twin.

I have an Amazon POS that I hate. I'll eventually do something about it but likely not right now. The Amazon POS has never let me down, it just takes forever so that makes me less likely to want to use it bc I know it's going to be a pain in the ass. End up not airing down as often as I should, or not airing down enough then cursing while looking for traction and getting bounced everywhere on pebbles.

York with the the Joey set up will be the way when it happens.

If my PUMA installed in 2007 ever fails Ill purchase another.

1615403793035.png

Still running PUMA, but looking for a better way to hard mount it in the truck. Thinking about in a cargo drawer, under the hood (in a battery box?), under the truck in an aftermarket battery box to keep the water out, maybe it would fit on a QPM like @BigredTEX ??? The pump works great, but it just takes up too much space. Right now I'm just carrying it loose and hooking it up with jumper cables.

Still happy with Pumas - 12V in the HDJ81 and a 24V version in the BJ74.

Still running PUMA, but looking for a better way to hard mount it in the truck. Thinking about in a cargo drawer, under the hood (in a battery box?), under the truck in an aftermarket battery box to keep the water out, maybe it would fit on a QPM like @BigredTEX ??? The pump works great, but it just takes up too much space. Right now I'm just carrying it loose and hooking it up with jumper cables.
Consider divorcing it.

1615410403180.png

Unpopular opinion in this crowd, but I love my CO2 / Powertank regulator combo. I bought two 10 gallon CO2 tanks at Airgas and have access to several 40lb tanks to use at home if needed. I can easily tell by the bottle pressure and fill time if the tank is nearing it's end and I can get several air ups (at least 5) from 18-20psi to 32psi on my 37s on the small 10gal tank.

I'm not saying it is the most economical way to air up, but it is fast.

Unpopular opinion in this crowd, but I love my CO2 / Powertank regulator combo. I bought two 10 gallon CO2 tanks at Airgas and have access to several 40lb tanks to use at home if needed. I can easily tell by the bottle pressure and fill time if the tank is nearing it's end and I can get several air ups (at least 5) from 18-20psi to 32psi on my 37s on the small 10gal tank.

I'm not saying it is the most economical way to air up, but it is fast.
I’ve been trying to sell my The Source CO2 tank set up with for a while now.

Pinto beans mainly, sometimes garbanzos.

I keep expecting my 10 year old Superflow MV-90 to die, but it just keeps chugging away. It's a great bang for the buck, but when it does die I will probably go with a tankless Puma.

Viair 450. Not in a hurry. Been great for many years, mounted behind my rear quarter panel. If I ever burn it up, I'll get a Puma.

Still running a York, going on 16 years. Using both sliders as air tank plus a 2gal tank from a Range Rover mounted in the ARB front bumper, right under the winch. I usually bring two hoses for both quick disconnects for others to use while I fill up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom