What you need to know about 100 series aftermarket wheel options (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice 200! That's a great looking rig.

Can you post some additional photos of the LX so we can see more of the wheels? What brand are they? certainly keep us informed on your off-road experience. I would certainly like to know. Is it stock ride height?
Thanks! Yah i will post more pics forsure, the LX is stock ride height! The wheels are motorsports, they were on it when i bought it.

Thanks! Yah i will post more pics forsure, the LX is stock ride height! The wheels are motorsports, they were on it when i bought it.

Wow, nice looking rig you were able to buy. It's tempting to try and run a nice looking 18x9. I've always run small rims with big sidewall's so I don't really know what kind of off-road performance hit I'd take.

I am currently looking at a 18x9 +35 275/70r18's Nitto G2's on a stock 06 LX, don't do any off-roading, will this setup be detrimental now or in the future if I do start to do some off-roading?

Hey guys , I've been offered a free set of 20 x 10 rims off a 200 with an et40 running 315/50/r20.
From all the reading I've done it sounds like the rims will fit but with the 315 there coyld be some rubbing ?

I actually ended up selling the wheels and tires here on the classifieds a few weeks ago. I loved the KO2s and would have went with them again if they made them in the size I wanted. I wanted to go with a taller narrower tire and a wheel with more positive offset. I decided on Rock Warriors and Cooper ST Maxx in 285/75/17. I really like this setup. I am running a lift pushing droop to the acceptable limit. I also run SPC UCAS and I'm at almost +4* of caster, I know that may have a little to do with the pinch weld rub I had with the 295s, but I'm not sure how much.

But please don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the SCS wheels. They are lightweight, hubcentric, and they look awesome on a 100, they just didn't work with the direction I wanted to go.

View attachment 1480536

View attachment 1480537

295/75/16 KO2s mounted on SCS wheels VS. 285/75/17 Cooper ST Maxx mounted on Rock Warriors

View attachment 1480538

View attachment 1480566

@ga12r1 Did you have to run spacers to run those TRD wheels?

@ga12r1 Ahh ok.. Have heard horror stories about spacers so debating on this.
Really nothing to worry about if you choose a quality spacer- Spidertrax or Bora. Many people run these here and so far no horror stories that I can recall. These two brands are both hub centric. The challenge is if you wheel your vehicle and have to remove the front spacer to field repair your CV or remove a drive flange, you have to remove the spacer first. If you didn't use a thin coat of grease or anti seize before mounting your spacers to the flange, it could be stuck and be a booger to remove. Having the right tools along with you would be important.

@ga12r1 - did you have any rubbing when you switched to the 285s on the Rock Warriors? are you still on that size or did you switch back to the 315s listed in your sig block?

I needed to mod/trim the pinch weld area running 285/75/17s. When I moved to 315s I didn’t need to do any further mods to the pinch weld, although I do get some minor rubbing under extreme articulation with them.

I needed to mod/trim the pinch weld area running 285/75/17s. When I moved to 315s I didn’t need to do any further mods to the pinch weld, although I do get some minor rubbing under extreme articulation with them.

Easy mod? I'm assuming there's plenty of info on how to do it on here.

@JayM and everybody else who has given input, thanks for the initiative and the help!! After looking everywhere for advise I decided to go with Icon Rebound 17" on my 99' LX470
(17" 'REBOUND' Wheel, Bronze Finish) in bronze finish.

17 x 8.5BRONZE5 x 1505.75"25mm110.1mm2750 LBS
hopefully the center cap will fit.

However, for tires I was not able to go with the 285/70R17 K02 I wanted, based on advise from 4WP. I was told that I may need to do some modifications If I wanted to go with that tire size. Instead they told me to go with 275/70R17 and I'm not too happy about it. is that advise/opinion from 4WP accurate? Any experience with same size tire? LX is not modified/lifted and won't be in the future.

thanks again!

@JayM and everybody else who has given input, thanks for the initiative and the help!! After looking everywhere for advise I decided to go with Icon Rebound 17" on my 99' LX470

However, for tires I was not able to go with the 285/70R17 K02 I wanted, based on advise from 4WP. I was told that I may need to do some modifications If I wanted to go with that tire size. Instead they told me to go with 275/70R17 and I'm not too happy about it. is that advise/opinion from 4WP accurate? Any experience with same size tire? LX is not modified/lifted and won't be in the future.

thanks again!
285/70/17 KO2s should fit fine, even with the 25mm offset. I would not do the 275s if you want 285s. You will immediately wish you would have went 285.

Hi all, for an '06 that is getting a 2.5" lift, I'm looking at my options for wheels to go with KO2s.

Is there an option that doesn't require spacers and won't rub, including during full flex.

I'd rather not hammer pinch welds because that sounds like it would accelerate rusting.

I could stick with stock if that is better, though I wanted a more aggressive looking option. I'd rather not go aftermarket unless it is quality-wise as good or better than the stock wheel and it doesn't rub under full flex.

My mechanic is recommending 305/65/18, but I'm open to another size, maybe even down to a 285/65/18.

I could also do a 17" wheel with maybe a 285/70/17 on Methods, though looking a pics it seemed like that size may rub when flexed.

Here are the wheels I have been considering:
Black Rhino Arsenal
Icon Rebound
Method MR301 or 312
KMC XD128 Machete
Tundra

If Tundra wheels are the best option, do I just order those at the dealer? Finding 5 on Craigslist has been a challenge.

Are there better options I haven't listed?

Thanks!

Sorry for piling so many questions in the same post above. Any input you can provide would be really appreciated, I'm having trouble getting answers from the manufacturers.

thanks again!

Did you end up getting the above rim/tyre combo? Looking at the same ones in graphite colour for my LX.

thanks again!
Did you get the ICON Rebounds?

These are Method 701s. The 18x9s come in a +25 offset, which is a +35mm difference from the OEM 18x8 +60mm offset wheels.

That +35mm difference equates to basically adding a 1.34 inch spacer to the oem wheels, since 35mm is about 1.4 inches, correct?

I'm just trying to confirm my math is correct, unless there is something really obvious that I missed, besides the fact that the Methods are an inch wider...

These are Method 701s. The 18x9s come in a +25 offset, which is a +35mm difference from the OEM 18x8 +60mm offset wheels.

That +35mm difference equates to basically adding a 1.34 inch spacer to the oem wheels, since 35mm is about 1.4 inches, correct?

I'm just trying to confirm my math is correct, unless there is something really obvious that I missed, besides the fact that the Methods are an inch wider...

You've got the right idea, yes. comparing the method 18x9 +25 to the OEM wheel means you'd have 35mm difference in the *centerline* of the wheel, but you'd also have an extra .5" sticking out from the 9 inch diameter. So the effective additional "poke" would be 35mm plus another 12mm for a total of around 47mm or essentially 2".

You can take your existing OEM wheels and put a tape measure to it. 2" further out is roughly what you'd have.

I am about to have my first LC! It is an 01 with low miles, but the guy I am getting it from is keeping his wheels so it has smaller ones that look silly. I am not planning to lift it for a while. It will get weekday road driving, but weekends will be a lot of dirt roads, but minimal serious off-roading. It currently has stock alloy 18s I was going to paint black and try to get bigger tires OR get all new rims and tires. I want to avoid rubbing and want to avoid having to do anything (I have little car work experience) major to the wheel well to make it fit. I'm looking for suggestions for what I should be looking for and how to proceed. The pics here all look good to me. There is an abundance of info here I am trying to learn about, but want to get them changed asap and I learn slow. Cheers and thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom