What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a new Battery. Diehard Platinum, Marine group size 34. Fabricated a custom battery shock mounting system.

Changed oil in Motor, Front and Rear Diffs, transmission and transfer case.

Last night picture..no flash
101_0022.jpg

To date, the most useful thing I've added to the truck :

image-1470339753.jpg
image-1470339753.jpg

Shot the interior of the tub with U-POL Raptor Tinted Bed liner in 416 Dune Beige... :)

Been working on my hard top since last August. Working on final stages of the lid and shot some paint on the bezel. Can't really see here in the pic however I went from an Alpine white to a Sandstone white. Lid gets shot this week. Oh, I installed some "Round Eyes" too.

Yes I know I'm missing a screw. :meh:
20120422_143015.jpg

Just bought a Fibreglass Bonnet to go with the Fibreglass roof. Got run up on ebay but not too dear, $240 Oz peso's was my limit.
Need to get my rust free cab down from my mates place, and into the panel shop to get painted....

Got stuck.....

and unstuck.

I was busting thru the remaining snow on the local mountain roads. I'd take multiple runs each digging me further in to the mealy remains of the incredible amount of snow that fell last season. Its really dense and of course very wet this time of year. I thought I might be able to make it thru this one but on the last push forward I felt the truck drop in. The front left tire and rear right were off the ground. The belly was up on the snow and the front axle was hung up.

The PTO had no issues pulling me out at all.
IMG_0179.jpg
IMG_0181.jpg
IMG_0182.jpg

Last edited:
Steering stabilizer, bump stops, diff cover, little stinger, radiator guard, H4 headlights and harness, grooved tires (still 2 left), seat frame, seats, harnesses, center console etc. etc. etc.

Next up is a small block and an Orion.
FJ40 at The B 11.jpg

Installed my heater blower with new resistor and mount

image-1956217511.jpg
image-1956217511.jpg

Slowerthanu said:
Steering stabilizer, bump stops, diff cover, little stinger, radiator guard, H4 headlights and harness, grooved tires (still 2 left), seat frame, seats, harnesses, center console etc. etc. etc.

Next up is a small block and an Orion.

Now that's a full weeks work load right there

Bestop Super Top arrived yippie

Just received my new Bestop Super Top and can't wait to put it on :))

New 2 piece soft doors too! Can't believe I finally talked my wife into it after all these years. Wonder what it will cost me in return :/

Before I install it though I am working on the flat spot issue that I posted in acceleration. Won't be near as much fun with the soft top when it still has no get up and go!!

I'll take pics once its up running and installed :)

I put my clutch and tranny back on my frame off resto. I hadn't touched my Cruiser in about 6 months so it felt REAL good :)

Changing rear springs again after 23 years of abuse the 2.5 Rancho softride springs lost an eye and its impossible to get a spare.

sadtler-oem-rancho-4.jpg

Tried to mix the pack with a oem main leaf.......to short as you see.:doh:

So i ordered a set of OME rear springs and started to work.
sadtler-ome-federn.jpg

Seems to be ok but location of the center bolt is different, about 1" to the front with the axle...
sadtler-seite-hinten-l.jpg
:popcorn:
Guess everything will be fine if both sides are done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom