What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Changing back to steelies, and I have a set of "Sunday-go-to-meetin," hubcaps still in bubble wrap, but thought that I'd try and rehabilitate a set from my old '55 for everyday use. Considering that I thought that they were beyond hope, they didn't turn out too bad. Also changed out the seat belts and ordered a new ignition switch cable.

Before and After:

Very nice! What did you do?

Very nice! What did you do?

Just hit the really bad spots with a light touch of emery cloth, then scrubbed with a toothbrush laden with Turtle Wax "Chrome Polish and Rust Remover" that I've had sitting around for the past decade or so. Had to pound out a couple of dings as well.

Got my block honed to clean up the horrendous "rebuild" by the DPO.

Gonna need new rings, but I will be able to re-use the block & pistons, saving a few dollars.

Pics when it's back here on a stand.

Realized yesterday that one of my wheel studs was gone - dunno how long it's been that way.

Today I tore down the from both front wheels, drove out the old studs, will pick up new studs and lug nuts in the AM to put her back on the road.

Pretty sure I'm going to drop an FSR aluminum radiator in it next weekend.

Picked up my 4spd with almost all new seals and at the same exact time my tranny guy bent me over! Note to self: From now on do all my own work! Even if it takes three times as long! Sorry for the rant fellas.

Sums it all up...
CruiserNotACarBig.jpg

^^^ I'll take one at that price!

~Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

Great ad, thanks for posting.

True, if i just turn them it will be about 4" difference......2much.

I will measure tomorrow what the actual difference in wheelbase is between Rancho vs OME, if it sucks i will drill a new hole as recommended.

Update:
Everything worked out perfect, shackle angle fits 100% and wheelbase is indeed a little shorter but ok.:cool:

Some Poseur Pics after work is done...

rear.jpg

front.jpg

shackle-r.jpg

Last edited:
Did some minor trimming in the rear. Built a tube bumper, and installed the round LED tail lights. Swapped in a set of FJ60 rear springs flipped to get the wheelbase to 101". Had the drive shaft lengthened. Welded new shackle hangers and perches.
Rear View.jpg
Side Veiw.jpg
side close.jpg

Last edited:
And mounted the Hi-lift in the cab across the harness bar.

Did a SOA with some 35's, some new springs from Cruiser Outfitters, a 4x4 Labs steering set up and some Bilstein shocks.
Junior year prom 118.jpg

Are you kidding? I don't even trust my own measurements !

Realised I'm a bloody idiot for not properly measuring the height of the rollbar before finishing off all the welds and bolting her into place. I had the intention of having the roof on, with the rollbar only fitted in case I want to run without it.

So I spent the public holiday (ANZAC Day) today grinding the rollbar down and rewelding the supporting plates. Let this be a lesson to you, don't assume measurements you find on the forums are right, if you have the means check it out first!

Thank you PabloCruise---It is my son, daughter, nephew and one who spends as much time in the Cruiser as my own kids! :)

tied the cage into the frame and putting new wheel studs on this week for the moab trip this weekend and dusting off the bikini top

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom