What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New Steelies and BFG 33x10.5x15

Swapped out the 35.12.5x15 with Eagle Alloys to the 33x10.5x15s BFG MT KM2 with Factory Grey Steelies and Factory Hubs
044.jpg
047.jpg
051.jpg

Finally posting to this thread, a little more than just a weeks work but, whatever :meh:
Got the frame back together rebuilt the and painted the front axle installed new suspension, temporarily set the body on to see what it would look like

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

Finally got the axles out from under it

Finally pulled the old leaking axles out from under my 1962 fj40 to replace with 1977 disc axles. Still have to torch the spring pin bushings or try and cut them. H*ll creek 4 inch lift should be here next week. Will put in all new brake lines, 50 year old ones do not thrill me anymore.
dscf5022.jpg

Paid the near $200 late registration fee, (thank our local politicians and the people that put him there for that one). took it for a drive and found out the front axles are leaking grease and oil all over the brakes. Didn't want to stop too well. Next up is to do some front end work.

biild45, its like deja vu. I waited a year to process my title, and last week got hit with a late title fee. Before that found oil leaking onto my front brake as well, but since pre 1968 axles have a bushing and not an inner seal got new axles, then during installing them found springs had severe rust and hence the 4 inch lift springs. I did go back out to the garage and with a propane torch cooked the spring pin bushings and got those springs off, and found that one of the front spring hangers was hanging by one loose rivet. They are solid condition so will break on the welder and make sure they are all attached good.

Messed u my dash and drilled too many holes in my hood. I have just had terrible luck since I tooke the roof off my fj. I am putting it back on tomorrow.

Anyone know where I could get cheap doors so I can convert them to half doors?

Installed my hard-top hoist system in my shop today:

IMG_0765.jpg

Sorry the ladder is in the way; still adjusting (leveling) the four cables. I'll post another picture when the top is off and hanging from the hoist. Time to go topless!

I made a '74 RH splash guard fit mt '78.FJ40. Wasn't hard but very time consuming. Only due to a measuring error.
This
5648883524_ec02b28148.jpg

to this
5648868056_99b1e01c3d.jpg

That's all.

pREX

Drove it over 50 mph on the freeway. Whoot whoot!

body lift

I finally got around to the u-joint and bushing assembly for the steering column. I swear, the closer I get to completing this 77 restoration,...... I think that the only thing left with this project is to elongate the port on the fire wall for the steering assembly to fit through and that should only be about a half inch or so and drill four new holes for the bolts.
fj40 body lift 002.jpg

I finally got around to the u-joint and bushing assembly for the steering column. I swear, the closer I get to completing this 77 restoration,...... I think that the only thing left with this project is to elongate the port on the fire wall for the steering assembly to fit through and that should only be about a half inch or so and drill four new holes for the bolts.

Where did you pick up u-joint? And what PS box are you running?

Thanks

cjgoode, and all else that's interested. Just a quick tidbit for all that might not know. The nice lady at the DMV informed me that next year when my tags are due I should get the "Collector" plates. She said it would be about $170 +/- but the collector plates are good for 5 years. Thats only +/- $35 a year. Quite a savings considering with normal plates it would be around $70 a year. Of course this is in Colorado and it might be different in other states and your rig needs to be 1975 or older or 1976 or older if it was registered prior to sept 1st 2009. Something to look into.

There is another thread about the plates. Here in FL and in must states if you can find an old plate that matches the year of you vehicle (pre 77 here) you can apply to use that plate and here it is a 1 time permanent plate fee.

Well yall in FL and CO are lucky in texas we pay $58 for 5 years but we cant drive it unless we are going to club events or parades, basically it has to be used for public interest. And to qualify the frame, body, and engine have to be older than 25 years. I prefer to pay more to get rid of all the restrictions on driving a vehicle with those types of plates.

There is another thread about the plates. Here in FL and in must states if you can find an old plate that matches the year of you vehicle (pre 77 here) you can apply to use that plate and here it is a 1 time permanent plate fee.

Wow I live in Alabama, I got an Antique plate for my 78...I never have to buy another tag again for that vehicle.

Went topless!

Now a one-man job, with storage out of the way, thanks to my new hoist system:

IMG_0768.jpg

Tail gate and tube doors on:

IMG_0769.jpg

Went topless!

Now a one-man job, with storage out of the way, thanks to my new hoist system:

IMG_0768.jpg

Tail gate and tube doors on:

IMG_0769.jpg

Dang that is a cool hoist system. Where did you get it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom