What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was time for new Swampers so I finally mounted up these wheels @gonzopancho

35AB0877-B8C4-4297-B86D-DA8DB1A0FAC4.jpeg
72C28DA0-B947-46CA-B02F-A5B471B092FE.jpeg

D2AF2CDE-154D-4027-A9D6-42FB4C29C433.jpeg

Last edited:
Took my annual wildflower poser photos in my driveway today; it's just about peak Bluebonnet season.

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

I’m a 464 and dune beige fan (I have some bias), but if I were being honest - that (rustic?) Green is my favorite color on a 40

I've always wanted a dune beige 40. Wasn't crazy about rustic green when I bought this one 16 years ago, but it was so rust-free that I had to buy it anyway. It's been a great truck, and the rustic green has really grown on me since then.

I had a dune beige FJ45… not my favorite color after having it. My real love was my ‘74 Horizontal Blue, then the Mustard one and tied for 2nd is the rustic green

Did some brake fluid change and bleed on a 79’ 40. One of the bleeders was badly plugged so I got a few of these Raybestos to put in place. I noticed on the front (disc) bleeders that were in there are way longer than these replacements. Made me wonder if they were original or not. Number I used to cross was Toyota #47547-12010 to S22069. They worked but almost went in the whole way. So the rear bleeders (drum) are threaded in quite a bit further so I’m wondering if these Raybestos would even work. Anyone have a few pics of their bleeders on front disc and rear drums? I’ll get a few pics as well of what I have.

IMG_4909.jpeg

IMG_4925.jpeg

IMG_4924.jpeg

IMG_4922.jpeg

Last edited:
Did some brake fluid change and bleed on a 79’ 40. One of the bleeders was badly plugged so I got a few of these Raybestos to put in place. I noticed on the front (disc) bleeders that were in there are way longer than these replacements. Made me wonder if they were original or not. Number I used to cross was Toyota #47547-12010 to S22069. They worked but almost went in the whole way. So the rear bleeders (drum) are threaded in quite a bit further so I’m wondering if these Raybestos would even work. Anyone have a few pics of their bleeders on front disc and rear drums? I’ll get a few pics as well of what I have.

Rear on a '78 w/ drums and OEM Bleeders. (At least I seem to remember buying from the dealership) The bolts are hardware store metric. Your front looks fine.

Rear Drum Bleed Screw.JPG

Last edited:
Rear on a '78 w/ drums and OEM Bleeders. (At least I seem to remember buying from the dealership) The bolts are hardware store metric. Your front looks fine.
Thanks for that. Gotta get some caps too on mine to avoid future problems. I guess I’ll pull the rear one out and see what length they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom