What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Changed the oil and went with the Denso 150-2066 available for about $6 from several sources including densoproducts.com. I must say, the Baldwin B2 that was in my truck felt more heavy duty. Then inspected the oil, spark plugs, washed it and then went for a drive.
IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1132.jpeg

IMG_1130.jpeg
IMG_1136.jpeg

IMG_0479.jpeg

Disappointing that the light take a whack, at least you can buy them though.
Pop the light out and you can probably jack most of that out against the chassis.
Yeah the lights and lower part look relatively easy to fix.
My main concern is for the tailgate!

I have an interesting question. My buddy who is in the marine industry told me I should not be running synthetic oil in my 2F. He said older motors need and oil with a high zinc content. Anybody know anything about this?
This oil is a synthetic blend but has a higher zinc content than newer oils. It was recommended by Redline Land Cruisers. I trust them. @RLMS

This oil is a synthetic blend but has a higher zinc content than newer oils. It was recommended by Redline Land Cruisers. I trust them. @RLMS

I use Rotella. Is that good for the 1H?

I use Rotella. Is that good for the 1H?
I am not an oil expert and have used different oils in the past. I just know with these old flat tappet engines more zinc content is better. Like I said, I was just following recommendation from a specialty Land Cruiser shop. Lots of oil threads on here if you want to research.

Installed new Bilistein shocks in an effort to help smooth out the ride. Although it is still one bumpy FJ, the jolt has greatly reduced saving my kidneys. Now I need to work on how to mellow out the stiff springs. Running HFS 4" springs so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom