What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3118C9A3-116B-4AD6-93E5-319342FA0E39.jpeg
1CC49A93-FF8A-4419-8FE8-47138E447D1A.jpeg
BF4C7972-E650-4365-BE2F-CF8DD3715EAA.jpeg
57DCE4DA-08EC-4219-828F-4D1223646466.jpeg
1865D799-2559-4A52-8A71-0326BD247238.jpeg

Are those for the idle solenoid on the 40?

good question .........

these particular OEM connector housings / profiles were used in various engine bay applications and a few non-engine bay ones too , there a first generation attempt at a water proof or splash proof design , and other then having a ODD tandem type release tabs system to un-lock them apart , which often snaps and breaks after some age and time a good over all weather proof type design in all ....

here is a list of where there incorporated , and they were NOT always green either , natural white , black , blue i have seen before too

- carb fan to thermo sensor manifold

- YES , ICS or fuel cut solenoid single wire type

- ignition coil / igniter on fender mounted location

- carburetor air horns

- a extension cord sub harness on the fuel tank sending unit

- a extension cord sub harness for the cylinder head coolant temp senders gauge and thermo smog one ,

- the tandem brake master cylinder's 2 fluid level sensors to the drivers fender

- early points style 2F MED cap distributers main RED WIRE connection point

- just a few of the ones i can recall now off top of my head , im sure i missed a few

- the FJ40 , FJ55 and FJ60 2F era all utilized these in some way at some point 1/75-9/87 , not sure about a FJ62 but it would not surprise me ....

I did the rear sill on my fj40 this weekend. A few mistakes were made but I can live with them. I am going to paint tomorow and will post some pictures. For now here are some photos of my fj40 that I shot with my hasselblad on the beach last weekend. View attachment 3221104View attachment 3221105
Nice shots and better looking cruiser.

I love how this thread is partially turning into a photography gallery. Motivation to get my kit back out.

Had a playdate with @Thechief86 and troubleshot my 69 FJ40.
The way I see it, I can fit two more cruisers in the garage without actually parking on the street.

Had a great time, man! Sorry I wasted your time trying to buy an axle from a no show space cadet, but I truly did enjoy the ride out there, and hanging out learning about pirate food and dicking around with your wiring. If you ever want company or help working on stuff, lemme know and we can do a better job of getting things done.

Discovered the two lower bolts on the timing gear cover are the source of small leak. (ordered parts to fix).

Then, Installed new Energy Suspension body mounts (two 2x4’s with blocks and jack..,don’t forget to unbolt the tub from the front fenders). My truck never had the mount that gets bolted down through rear floor…Need to deploy some precision measurement to blind drill to hopefully hit the bullseye in the frame mount hole to install my last two mount.

7B8F708D-77A7-4D3A-80BE-8566D84D039B.jpeg

9904C235-E22A-4934-BDAB-64EA9D7216B1.jpeg

DB7563B7-2541-4E8F-B87C-62F4AA51469F.jpeg

E9D4AF58-EDB7-40B3-986B-6C287835EEF7.jpeg

00B62F19-7A51-4C0C-B910-EF4C6332F682.jpeg

I love the square format of them too. Plus no other camera really sounds like them. Making it fun to shoot. I was trying a new film called cinestill 400D. I think its just rebranded motion picture film though. still cool.

@SteadiCruiser

i shot and produced this just before the new year in a digital 8mm type App format , this is take 1 and zero edits of any kind , it reassembles your still shots above era wise ....

i really dig the whole square format alot in both stills and reels , it makes a Vintage Land Cruiser subject matter of any kind matter even more ...

note : make sure you click ON the AUDIO at the beginning , for some reason it defaults it OFF ?

Are you scanning film or prints?

Are you scanning film or prints?
Sorry for the hijack here. There is a photo place in town, really nice talkative owner/guy. He purchased a professional photo developer / processor in the mid-90s. He said that he has been making prints with it, and the print making that he has been doing is exclusively digital. As a side note, they absolutely are not my choice for color prints from digital images! Funny thing is that they always make perfect prints when I start from a roll of film that they develop (Argus C3 and other thrift store 35mm).

Discovered the two lower bolts on the timing gear cover are the source of small leak. (ordered parts to fix).

Then, Installed new Energy Suspension body mounts (two 2x4’s with blocks and jack..,don’t forget to unbolt the tub from the front fenders). My truck never had the mount that gets bolted down through rear floor…Need to deploy some precision measurement to blind drill to hopefully hit the bullseye in the frame mount hole to install my last two mount.

View attachment 3221356
View attachment 3221357
View attachment 3221358
View attachment 3221364
View attachment 3221365
Have you noticed in drive with those new mounts? I hear poly can be squeaky

@Ackcruisers- If those are your old body mounts, they sure didn't look bad.
Yes! The truck was restored in 2019 so shows you what the ambient costal air does at corroding the mounts. I will say, the Energy Suspension mounts have a a softer polyurethane bushing. It is very noticeable when compared to the old ones which had no "give".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom