What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you been doing all the re-plating of your parts like what is seen above and on your carb rebuild a few posts ago? These parts look incredible!
Nope, been sending it out to a place that I found in Monroe, WA. Very reasonably priced and super good customer service. Wish I had a setup to do it myself but that’s for the future

Nope, been sending it out to a place that I found in Monroe, WA. Very reasonably priced and super good customer service. Wish I had a setup to do it myself but that’s for the future
I like the matte looking finish on the replated parts. Looks sanitary!

A very very productive weekend around the house but unfortunately I was only able to get an hour on the cruiser. I snatched up a used 4+ bumper from the classifieds a couple weeks back, and even though it doesn't match the patina look of this truck, I'm happy with the look over the bent stock bumper that was there previously. I do have an 8274 to mount up to it but didn't make it to the top of the priority list yet.

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0236.jpg

A very very productive weekend around the house but unfortunately I was only able to get an hour on the cruiser. I snatched up a used 4+ bumper from the classifieds a couple weeks back, and even though it doesn't match the patina look of this truck, I'm happy with the look over the bent stock bumper that was there previously. I do have an 8274 to mount up to it but didn't make it to the top of the priority list yet.

View attachment 3081277

View attachment 3081279

View attachment 3081280View attachment 3081278

That is such a righteous amount of character…🆒👈😎

View attachment 3081277

View attachment 3081279

View attachment 3081280View attachment 3081278
Is that a 69?

Whoa! Thats hitting the easy button versus the one you have in the shop. It looks like a beauty! Did it come with hard top and hard doors? Frame off restoration?
Yes, it has the top and doors. Restoration done about 8 years ago. Not perfect, but hell, neither am I. Wouldn't want it to be. It's going to be a great driver while I finish my '70. Runs like a sewing machine.

Found out why I was getting no heat in the vintage air…left one of the plugs in the water port installed. I’m brilliant and sure I should never rebuild an engine.

With a Ron Davis radiator and 383 stroker, I’m amazed that I can’t run AC in the 90 + degree heat. Temperature climbs to 220 and I get scared and turn on the heat.

Was out driving and my fan wire melted. Luckily I was close to home but ran it up to 240. With heat soak, hit 245…:oops:

I got a delay turn off relay I hope to put in-line behind the new fan relay triggered by the secondary sniper fan switch to turn on at 200. The goal is to get 2 to 3 mins of fan when I turn off if the temp is 200+. Hopefully no more heat soak.

Now to rewrite the fan and relay. With both battery negative wires removed, I’m getting 12.8 bolts ON THE NEGATIVE GROUND WIRES. I assume this means somewhere I have hot 12 volts touching ground?

It's amazing to know that this was automobile technology the year we went to the moon.
Not just went to the moon, but made it back alive! But to be fair, not sure FJ40 tech was the pinnacle of auto engineering.

OEM Genuine ASMO Japan 🇯🇵

35C2D659-C8C7-4025-B109-25BFE171C9C9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom