What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FEC2E156-250D-4CE8-892E-3A80868F1428.jpeg

9417B7B1-7860-4CDE-8EE2-F16AADB61C42.jpeg

Stood lookin at my Christmas present that hasn’t seen water yet and figured that bikini top + 61 degrees = at least a drive to the boat ramp for a foot in the water test........... verdict: HELL no!
Good day for a drive though ☺️

Picked a color, it’s the Pollux Orange on the CCOT website.
58921713-6505-4395-80A6-94EC4CAADDB4.jpeg

Sometimes I wonder if it’s to much orange, but it was a lot of beige originally. If it’s to much in the future, we’re thinking of getting some vinyl stripes made.

Went fishing for a few days. Spent more time by the fire once the rivers blew out of shape.
I had been noticing a vibration when decelerating, it was progressively getting worse. Pulled over and crawled under. 5 of the 8 nuts/bolts holding the drive shaft in place were loose. Like, about to fall off loose. I haven’t touched that thing since replacing the clutch on my Alaska trip. Ooooops!
620FE201-A2CB-44A0-931C-BC395BDE4E75.jpeg
F3FE1F7D-200F-40B0-8CDD-0D72644A5FA4.jpeg
B608C7DB-E9B6-4967-886C-A420A87A92A2.jpeg

Ditched the OME 2.5” springs in the front for 4” Skyjackers. For what ever reason (winch/not running my hardtop) my truck has been nose down since I first installed the suspension nearly 10 years ago and it’s gotten worse over time. I had installed an extra set of the longer rear OME shackles on the front to get a better stance and I was sitting at 21” center of hub to bottom of the fender. Rear is right at 23” so nearly 2” of stink bug. I put a level on the edge of the tub and was shocked by how much it was nosed down.

I used my old shorter OME shackles with the new Skyjacker springs which cost about half an inch in overall ride height and went with 4 degree caster shims and longer center pins in the springs. Once installed, the Skyjackers raised the front to 22.5” DS and 22.75” PS. I had to pull the front axle forward about 3/4 of an inch to center the pin which didn’t hurt my feelings, and now have shackle angles that are much better. Brand new springs right out of the box and it rides much better than the old OME’s. Can’t wait to get it dirty in a couple of weeks and see how these babies flex.

83A96180-1CED-4917-B059-DB840CB6852E.jpeg

Last edited:
For the first time since I have owned it (2011), it now has tail lights! Brand new OEM Toyota goodness! I had to fix a bunch of wires in the harness, thank you @Coolerman for the correct colored wires! And I installed a 4 pin, latching, weatherproof, OEM, 1978 correct, tail light harness plug, courtesy of @ToyotaMatt, thank you! Now, the blinkers blink on hazard, but not on turn..... GROUNDS! LOL Luckily I incorporated a dedicated ground on the tail lights, thanks to the amazing tech provided by this site, and the 2 members already referenced. I just need to run a wire to ground from the new wires I riveted to the body of the signals. :cool:

TailLights.jpg

Went for a Sunday drive with my partner. Ended up in the hills. Found a two track running off into the snow. 50 yards from the tarmac we slid off into a bottomless ditch. Dug and stacked downed wood and slash for an hour and got stuck even worse. What a dope! :wacky:

CubbyStuck.jpg

Eventually got a wrecker (4xdually). He couldn’t get any closer than those trees in the background. Maxed out his cable snatching off that bare tree on the left to get some angle on the 40. Second pull was pretty much straight back for another 25’ ’til we were free.

Glad we had an axe, a shovel, warm clothes, hot drinks, and good boots. Now I just need 40’s, lockers, and a winch!

Last edited:
What’s the steering wheel out of? It almost looks stock with the Cruiser center.
It’s a cheap Nardi copy and I installed the center donut from the old OEM steering wheel. Afterwards I paint the center line and sewings with a brown permanent pen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom