What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What did you use for a mold, an amber bib lens or original red and clear lenses?

i made the lenses happen , my vision of bliss .........

i personally did not make them mechanically.....

my 1st 2 trys has west system epoxy on kitchen tiles floor and a pissed wife :D

hardest part was i have to fight tooth and nail for the KOITO logos to remain and sae codes ?

they wanted them smooth because not dot compliant >

i was like WTF ?

KOITO stays lady or i walk ........... :cool:

Fueled her up and took a ride because it’s still ‘bikini’ time in the south.......... especially for you @rkymtnflyfisher 🤣

3523CCF3-74E4-4E26-8D3F-DA503D466FDF.jpeg

Inspired by the front grill raffle prize at Cruiser Roundup last weekend, I dug my old 73 parts out today. (Cruiser I had in highschool 1982) Windshield to be picture frame and now needing some old parts to complete. Central Texas area but will travel a few hours to meet new Mud friends.
Needed to purchase if anyone has some lying around.
Fenders, aprons, 73 era turn signals, bezel, radiator screen and 73 Toyota emblem and possibly a front bumper (all parts bent and not salvageable for restoration
20201115_071836.jpg
)

16060066077983018759544544778268.jpg

After finding out that my 68 FJ40 had course spline ball an claw axles, I decided to swap them with fine spline axles that are easier to do a disk brake conversion on. I picked up 87 FJ60 and stripped out the diffs (3.7:1), front knuckles, disk brake parts & hubs. I also bought a mid 70's front axle tube and a 70 rear axle.
I just put the finishing touches on rebuilding front & rear axles tonight using all the stripped out parts, new bearings, tie rod ends, seals, & brake lines.
After I install these in my project, I will have a set of course spline axles for sale if anyone is interested.
Newly Rebuilt front axle.jpg
Rebui;t rear axle.jpg

After finding out that my 68 FJ40 had course spline ball an claw axles, I decided to swap them with fine spline axles that are easier to do a disk brake conversion on. I picked up 87 FJ60 and stripped out the diffs (3.7:1), front knuckles, disk brake parts & hubs. I also bought a mid 70's front axle tube and a 70 rear axle.
I just put the finishing touches on rebuilding front & rear axles tonight using all the stripped out parts, new bearings, tie rod ends, seals, & brake lines.
After I install these in my project, I will have a set of course spline axles for sale if anyone is interested.
View attachment 2502870View attachment 2502871

Mighty Spiffy Alex !

Excellent Period Correct attn. to Focus Point Details like the OEM W Clips in your Brake Calipers

Good Show Brother 🙂

Last edited:
Can't wait to stick this onto my next build. 77 2F coming up soon.

It's a Holley Sniper 2GC Large Bore. It should fit the stock manifold without an adapter! Only very minor <1.5mm opening of two mounting holes on the throttle body.

20201122_161545.jpg
20201122_161529.jpg
20201122_161509.jpg

It's a Holley Sniper 2GC Large Bore. It should fit the stock manifold without an adapter! Only very minor <1.5mm opening of two mounting holes on the throttle body.

How much larger is the bore? Is there a possibility that it might be too much for the 2F? My experience with carb'ed motors is that bigger venturis are more efficient only at wide open throttle and high rpm, while smaller venturis are more efficient for modest valve sizes and rpm. I don't know much about EFI though or if the same principles even apply.

Bingo!

In reality I’m in a weird gray area - technically we have a HOA here, but it’s completely inactive - otherwise I imagine the guy next door to me that rents out his back yard as camper storage or the guy up the street with a full on scrapyard in the side yard would probably have been told off by now.

Ironically, the day I moved in and parked my land cruiser in the driveway one of my new neighbors approached and asked if I planned to keep my “junk car” in the driveway because they liked to keep a “park like atmosphere” in the neighborhood. That guy lives between camper guy and scrap heap guy.

🤷‍♂️

Long term goal is to move somewhere where I can’t see my neighbors.

He must have been referring to a "trailer park like atmosphere". No offense intended to those living in well maintained such areas.

Last edited:

View attachment 2503910View attachment 2503911View attachment 2503912
Awesome! What is the overall height? Diameter of the turned surface for the air cleaner bore? Im looking at this for my 70F engine to keep my stock air cleaner over the 2300 style which would require an offset adapter. If the stackup height works out I can use the old school Man-A-Fre adapter I picked up.

He must have been referring to a "trailer park like atmosphere". No offense intended to those living in well maintained such areas.

Trailer Park atmosphere pretty much describes my county as a whole. The neighborhood I live in actually isn't THAT bad - pretty clean/well kept as a whole - which is why I really savored the irony in the fact that this guys is surrounded by the "problem children" in the neighborhood. This same guy who complained day 1 about my FJ40 ALSO contributed to our "park like atmosphere" by parking a 25 foot boat on a trailer in his back yard - with bushes/weeds grown up around it so high you almost can't see it.

Actually, come to think of it, starting at my house and going down the street:

My driveway - FJ40 (now in the garage)
Guy next door - dead Ford Explorer parked up against the back of his house
next door down - Mr. "parklike atmosphere" with a boat/trailer parked in his weeds and one of those giant inflatable pools on a makeshift dimensional lumber platform in the sideyard.

2 houses down - scrapyard guy

Across the street - camper rental lot - 3X tow-behind trailers, 1X Abandoned Chevy Cavalier. Currently has a family living in one of the campers because they fell on hard times. Their kids ride ATV's up and down the street 9 hours a day.

@Blue77FJ40 - I've lived here 5 years but only just now have I really considered the whole picture. :oops: The FRONT half of my neighborhood is alright but I guess those of us living in the back cul-de-sac really embrace the local culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom