What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ah indeed. It is the one piece, apart from a floor mat, that I need to really, really complete the Dagha Boy. What are the chances of those happening. I have been looking for years and have never come across even a hint of one. Everybody that has a 40 series has that hole right in the middle of the cab they must surely be in a category of their own - Unicorn Eggs. I am sure there will be huge demand for them if you were to make and sell. I'm in for 2...

E2AF54BE-12CA-4BB1-B930-17193A4B2D2F.jpeg
08C216E8-8D1A-4DFF-8B42-CE41BDF4083E.jpeg
1280F447-6F72-4A29-AC95-634F35459FEF.jpeg
D1F2FD9A-53CC-4956-955A-664E6691C81D.jpeg

Last edited:
i recently Reproduced the silver steel in-dash delete plugs faithfully in stainless , and they Shimmer to there former NOS glory once again too

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Although I no longer own my HJ45, it will live forever in the world of embroidery. :)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Got a replica window sticker from @cwags12 I was very pleased with the way it looks. He took all of the information I had on the vehicle and made me one that looks very close to what I would think the original looked like. Very glad that there are people out there taking the time to do things like this.
View attachment 2323973
I also have a ‘78, that is very cool, mine is also Freeborn Red.

Had a custom request for a Red FD knob.
He said he wanted it red so when people ask what it's for, he can say it's to call the fire department. :)

20200529_115254.jpg

Last edited:
While driving down the freeway yesterday a rock hit the top edge of the windshield :mad:. It knocked top of the windshield out going 65mph. Just a loud bang and more ventilation, I just kept driving home. Now looking for a new windshield:(

IMG_3358.jpeg
IMG_3361.jpeg

While driving down the freeway yesterday a rock hit the top edge of the windshield :mad:. It knocked top of the windshield out going 65mph. Just a loud bang and more ventilation, I just kept driving home. Now looking for a new windshield:(

View attachment 2324615View attachment 2324616

My friend , what a terrible , and dangerous thing ?

SOR does not ship glass , however they have these

i have taken one to safe light more then one time with very good results

Windshield Glass Paper Template

BuyQuantityPart Number
Description​
PriceIn StockPicture
(Click to Enlarge & Close)
120-02C-TMP
yes.png

Windshield Mount Plate

Last edited:
Thanks Matt, I saw those. I also have a call into @65swb45 Mark he is checking also. I`m going to call some custom hot rod shops also they cut glass for windshields.

both safelight and the other major glass company does too

a used 40+ year old ft window , will have fog around the perimeter

new modern tin UV rated stuff is the way to go in my opinion

crystal klear for night driving too ..........

maybe mark has a NOS one up his sleeve :D

Yes you are correct a couple of years ago Mark had a NOS for sale so I want to see if by chance it is still in his way ;) Safelite told me if they can't get it from there vendor then they can't do it :frown:.

Yes you are correct a couple of years ago Mark had a NOS for sale so I want to see if by chance it is still in his way ;) Safelite told me if they can't get it from there vendor then they can't do it :frown:.

1590888619869.png

Thanks Matt, I saw those. I also have a call into @65swb45 Mark he is checking also. I`m going to call some custom hot rod shops also they cut glass for windshields.

You could make a paper template from your broken windshield also. We have a glass company through our local Ace Hardware that cuts laminate glass. And our Ace has large paper on a roll to use for the template. :) I have sent many paper templates to them for laminate windows for loaders and other equipment. And they have always done a wonderful job.

After the frame off on the FJ43 I parked them together so it could finally accompany the FJ45 FST again

FJ43 and FJ45-01 together.jpg

It looks like your original windshield was not tempered (safety glass) by the way it fractured.
And I believe windshields need to be made from tempered glass these days.
I had to design a custom piece of tempered glass at work and found out the hard way that tempered glass cannot be cut.
Your least expensive option is to find someone that stocks one for your vehicle like Safelite. Even cheaper if you had glass replacement in your insurance.
But if that is not the case, you will need to start with annealed temperable glass, cut it to size, and then have it tempered.
This is not that expensive but most glass shops do not have a tempering furnace.
But if you look around in your area, you should be able to find one that does and will cut it to size too.
I know of a place in Tucson but shipping may be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom