What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (101 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you document taking old one out and re-installing new? Have some generics from Foothills Off-road that I will install. Not nearly as nice as that piece though, looks factory, nicely done sirđź‘Ť

Thanks. Unfortunately it's too late to document removal (with pics). I will say that it takes a bit of care, with a metal cut-off wheel on a 4-1/2" grinder, to keep from going too far with the extraction of the old piece.

I'm an amateur machinist....and metric threads on a 1940's American lathe are a bit tricky, (at least for me). This piece took me about (5) hours! But with the learning curve I should be able to cut that down to (4) hours...:).

I'll document install when I get to it. I'm getting a hip replacement in January that will keep me out of my shop for a couple weeks. After which I wouldn't mind turning a piece or two for someone in need.

Heck YEA !

DSCN6158.JPG

Looking good. I’m torn with mine... I’m not sure if it’ll be easier to cut up another skirt and start over or add a lip to the existing one and fill in the gaps where it was cut back too far. Ultimately I’ll probably have to measure and see how big a gap it is. If it’s the same amount of work I’d rather not cut up good parts... in case I ever need stock parts again.

There’s a small part of me that’d like to qualify for collector plates... so far the rules only have provisions for North American modified cars as far as I can tell... but who knows that could change... it would sure be nice to save $800 a year on my insurance costs... but that may never happen.

Well I cut up good parts again today. Did the other side.

7779B0A4-AECF-4A97-9AC9-89684AD3F781.jpeg

Thats amazing.. your ocd (obcessive cruiser disorder) creates some totally beautiful creations..

Bought a raffle ticket from Liquer LandView attachment 2165260

Now expain to me how you are going to drive a USA--- LHD cruiser in Australia... look close at the pix... ohh ya the Yeti coolers will have stars and stripes on the side....... Just messing with you, have a coldie and enjoy the new year down under...

if that is 38$ for a 10 pack its time to start brewing your own... but I am cheep as chips... Happy new year..from a welsh/irish--yank..

Now expain to me how you are going to drive a USA--- LHD cruiser in Australia... look close at the pix... ohh ya the Yeti coolers will have stars and stripes on the side....... Just messing with you, have a coldie and enjoy the new year down under...

if that is 38$ for a 10 pack its time to start brewing your own... but I am cheep as chips... Happy new year..from a welsh/irish--yank..
Wonderful Aussie government taxes at work right there

Got stuck again, busted birf...Had fun!
I usually come out this way but was feeling froggy : )

Do you ever encounter snakes in these type situations ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom