What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just got back from driving 2019 miles round trip with my family of 4 in a 40 for 3 weeks in DV. My pics suck compared to my wifes, @Mesa Woman so she can post, I,ll stick to driving ! :steer:

Loaded! We had an amazing trip and packed in the 40, Tracks, we did 2019 miles adventuring Death Valley. @mesa man did all the driving!

Now that is awesome sauce right there!!!
Great fam pic!!

Damn that is cool, what sort of seating does she have in the back ?

I have replaced my jump seats with best top fold and tumble rear bench with headrests and seat belts. Our two boys, 13 and 11 fit inside comfortably and safely for the trip!

I have replaced my jump seats with best top fold and tumble rear bench with headrests and seat belts. Our two boys, 13 and 11 fit inside comfortably and safely for the trip!

That is pretty cool that they it and can face forward. I am taking my two to Rubicon this year and based on what you are saying they should have plenty of room :)

That is pretty cool that they it and can face forward. I am taking my two to Rubicon this year and based on what you are saying they should have plenty of room :)
He did install boxes above the wheel wells inside and made two shelves for above storage. That helped for the packing as well!

I finally got my sandblaster! I've been watching Craigslist, Offer Up, and Letgo for months now and then this gem popped up. Made in the USA by Dayton about 25 years ago and it appears to have been used very little. Dayton was bought out by another company but they still offer this unit in this exact form for $1680 retail. Thanks to C/L, months of burning the midnight oil, and a keen eye, I picked this unit up for $200 smackers. The PO even included a 2 gallon bucket of ultra fine glass bead that is almost new. Now, the endeavor was not completely smooth.......I made the deal to travel from Racine, WI to Plainsfield, Illinois (about 2 hours avoiding tolls) last Saturday afternoon. Left here about 4pm with my dad who always likes to ride shotgun for a road-trip and as soon as I hit I-94 South it started to pour down rain, and it continued until 5 miles from the destination :mad:. I brought along a roll of industrial shrink wrap because of the forecast so after wrapping it up loading was a snap as the unit fit perfectly in my 6.5' bed with the tailgate up! On our way back the land of the cheese heads 🆒. Rolled into downtown s***cago only to find an accident involving a semi and 53' trailer. There is where we sat, and sat, and sat.......not kidding we sat in the same spot for over 2 hours :mad::mad::mad:, only to grab the next off ramp. Finally get back to my shop about 11:30pm and I jump on the forklift to unload. As soon as I picked up the load in the back up the truck my forklift propane tank said "Oh by the way, I'm now empty" :doh:............and there I sat with my load in the air, unable to do anything. So, I run into the shop to grab the second tank..........yep, you guessed it, EMPTY 💀. So I pull my truck forward so my dad and I can hand push the forklift forward enough for me to pull my truck into the shop, hook up a strap so I can use the truck to pull the forklift and the load that is still in the air back into the shop. Done.....now we hand push the forklift dead weight, 20ft around the corner into the shop, load still in the air, into a position where I can leave it until Sunday so I can run and get the propane tank filled. Got back home about 2:00am (10 hours after leaving). Of course I find out on Sunday that the propane guy is closed on Sunday............Monday the unit is finally back on the ground, in one piece, and ready to start blasting rusting cruiser parts :cheers:

1552444738563.JPEG

1552444737964.JPEG

1552444738207.JPEG

1552444738313.JPEG

@Drake2, Nice haul man. The northern Illinois and Michigan area are good hunting grounds for that type of equipment. I scored a real nice Pexto 60" 16 gauge shear just north of Detroit after looking for almost a year. Hauled it from there back to Arkansas and rebuilt it. Proud to have it in my shop. Your blaster is much nicer than mine...Congratulations!

@Drake2, Nice haul man. The northern Illinois and Michigan area are good hunting grounds for that type of equipment. I scored a real nice Pexto 60" 16 gauge shear just north of Detroit after looking for almost a year. Hauled it from there back to Arkansas and rebuilt it. Proud to have it in my shop. Your blaster is much nicer than mine...Congratulations!
Hi Roger @Helipilot , yes this area is laden with heavy manufacturing, machining, welding, etc....Lots of good old MADE IN THE USA equipment in this neck of the woods. Ripe for the picking if you know where to look ;)

I finished my Illuminated Late Model Modified Ash tray used ALL TOYOTA OEM Parts , I encourage everyone to explore this one

Late Modle Modified stands for " Anything OEM Toyota parts or methods is fair game "

I Dreamed Up in the Late Night SKUNK-WORKS Dept.

now that i have it all mapped out and the light shade and socket sourced form a later model toyota truck , i could literately do this Mod in

15-20 minutes , ASH tray shut seals out ALL light , i went with OEM green to match the dash and heater light

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom