What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (60 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the color it`s looking great!!
JP

Last edited:
View attachment 1774903

I took her for a test drive today.

I finally have just about everything working except the ambulance door lock. It works, just don’t have a key. Guess I’ll order a lock.

My plan is to not do a frame off because, as I told my wife, I want it to remain drivable as much as possible so I can enjoy it rather than going down some rabbit hole that ends up exceeding my lifetime. At sixty-four, I think that’s a good plan.

She looks great!!

PM @RAGINGMATT ... he may be able to help you with your ambulance door key

As we get older, life decisions are IMHO much more critical. Our time becomes much more precious. Your decision to enjoy your 40 (and your time) is a good one!!

:cheers:

IMG-20141116-00455.jpg
Modern Jeeps suck, but some of the classics were truly great. I dont think its possible to hate on anything with the name Willys or any of the wagoneers. Really cool vehicles.
Couldn't agree more with this...
I have to admit that I also own a '64 CJ6 that I painted dune beige over the original green/rust to make her match the rest of the herd. So I keep telling myself that it's the herding car from John Wayne's movie Hatari!. It even has the front seat to catch game...

Lovin my driveway ... ;)

Noticed the 64 has a steeper more upright angle to the windshield vs the 78. hmmm

Also noticed the hoods are different especially in the front corners. 78 has a steeper angle, and the 64 is a lot flatter...

20180828_184913.jpg

1969 fj40 Restored Pull knobs Set ...............

wrapped them up @10:47 EST
DSCN8247.JPG
DSCN8249.JPG
DSCN8251.JPG
DSCN8253.JPG

Worked on the linkage for the rear hatch, I have had a annoying rattle in the rear for a while. I finally tracked it down to some slack in one side and the hook installed wrong on the other side. The only annoying sound Inheard this morning was a whistling from the drivers door.

1FC987F5-C508-4C0C-9E8C-C09143241534.jpeg
B3846AA8-C495-434C-BE31-9BE394DB8C36.jpeg
5AA068B0-A32A-4C09-A607-E28D844D2A5A.jpeg
5CAC2D7F-0B46-4328-A5F3-5827E8DE1CA8.jpeg

Worked on the linkage for the rear hatch, I have had a annoying rattle in the rear for a while. I finally tracked it down to some slack in one side and the hook installed wrong on the other side. The only annoying sound Inheard this morning was a whistling from the drivers door.

View attachment 1777556 View attachment 1777557 View attachment 1777558 View attachment 1777559

I disassembled all my hatch linkage a few years ago, cleaned and regreased it and reassembled.

Every time I do something like that I am both pleased with how well it works afterwards , and a little embarrassed that I let it go for so long.

I disassembled all my hatch linkage a few years ago, cleaned and regreased it and reassembled.

Every time I do something like that I am both pleased with how well it works afterwards , and a little embarrassed that I let it go for so long.

It’s amazing what a quarter inch of tension will do to help on that linkage to keep it from rattling.

It’s amazing what a quarter inch of tension will do to help on that linkage to keep it from rattling.

What I found years ago was that it's good to have a second person there to push in just a little on the end of the latch while you're adjusting the linkage rods. That usually makes the linkage nice and snug.

Another helpful hint from Mark's Off Road.;)

Lovin my driveway ... ;)

Noticed the 64 has a steeper more upright angle to the windshield vs the 78. hmmm

Also noticed the hoods are different especially in the front corners. 78 has a steeper angle, and the 64 is a lot flatter...

View attachment 1777408

I am also lovin' your driveway. So jealous! It is funny how little these trucks changed in 14 years...And yet, the subtle differences really do stand out side-by-side. Love the windshield vents and fog lights on the early trucks.

What I found years ago was that it's good to have a second person there to push in just a little on the end of the latch while you're adjusting the linkage rods. That usually makes the linkage nice and snug.

Another helpful hint from Mark's Off Road.;)

Vise grips! ;)

Post #1000!

Here's more stuff I can't do anything with yet. New soft top from Julie (Anchor Stitch), the supplier @Trollhole was using before he turned it all over to Julie. Really nice looking piece of kit. Wish I could do something with it, but with the tub still at the paint shop... :meh:

img_1251-jpg.1776310

Because it won't fit on this right now...

img_1253-jpg.1776321

img_1252-jpg.1776326
I have a pic like those. Pre- internet. My dad took a Polaroid in 1992 when I was building the short bed.
image.jpg

Working on the Troopy HJ45 H engine. This is a restoration of our 1981 Troopy HJ45 LV. Taking a little longer than our recent BJ40's but sure is exciting working on a one of these. They don't come around often down here in Costa Rica.

View attachment 1777973

hengine.jpg

View attachment 1777375
Couldn't agree more with this...
I have to admit that I also own a '64 CJ6 that I painted dune beige over the original green/rust to make her match the rest of the herd. So I keep telling myself that it's the herding car from John Wayne's movie Hatari!. It even has the front seat to catch game...
Just bought a new project myself. 1971 CJ5 with V6 Dauntless engine. Runs and stops great but lots of rust.
20180828_193651.jpg
20180828_193702.jpg

Just bought a new project myself. 1971 CJ5 with V6 Dauntless engine. Runs and stops great but lots of rust.
Oh the joys of old iron and the rust that comes with it... Luckily for me the hunting buddy I bought mine from has his own 62 cj5 and had already got mine running and stopping after he got it out of a field where it sat for years. I usually get him to work on it so I'm not struck down by the cruiser gods. BTW-I discovered the value of the sheet metal skid plate under a land cruiser radiator after the j**p destroyed a radiator with a stick kicked up into the fan from below in the pasture... That led to a nice walk back to the camphouse and hence the reason the tow bar stays attached to it all the time.

I should build a new one... I’ve not had one since I relocated the rad.

True dat brother!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom