What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did a spray out to make the final decision on paint color for the 64. Heath grey or horizontal blue.
Going with Heath.
Heres a pic. Really changes in the light.
20170502_203418.jpg
20170502_204519.jpg

Last edited:
nice work @Taha32 that tray will set it off nicely. what are you going to do about mud guards? or put under tray storage boxes in there?

nice work @Taha32 that tray will set it off nicely. what are you going to do about mud guards? or put under tray storage boxes in there?

Got tabs welded underneath for the front mud guards, wanted to be able to take them off in case they get damaged so will just paint them black. And the back has a piece of square with holes so will find some rubber ones to hang down at some point.

I would have already bought rear mud flaps, but cannot find any that I can mount without drilling holes....................

Got my ute deck back from galvanizing today, bit of cleaning up of a few places but will last.

View attachment 1453320

Started cutting the boards

View attachment 1453321

Lots to do this weekend

hi, this work is beatifull ! I would like be so skilled too !!

i made this : not on the bj but for the bj

CAM00354.jpg

CAM00353.jpg

because untill now my toy was under the rain and here rain a lot
It seems to be in ireland

cheers

Two weeks ago I replaced the 7 blade GM fan with a new Derale metal flex fan on the 350 ci GMC engine. It's a larger diameter than the GM fan and has 1 less blade. I've been running around town with it to assess the difference, haven't been on long highway drive yet. Apparently this moves significantly more air as my temp usually rises at the annoyingly long stop lights we have here in So Florida, now, temp way more steady. Takes longer to reach operating temp. Still running my hacked stock shroud (what's left of it!) Someday I will fab a real, functional shroud. Money well spent on this fan.
new fan 474.jpg
new fan 476.jpg
it's a real improvement.

Ha, he had told me he could not source them........... Racer 65 can get them. I have been told by a Toyota insider that there are several at a wharehouse in Kentucky but cannot be ordered by USA Toyota dealers, just another Toyota shafting of the country that probably accounts for most of their income.

Well, I closed the loop in my cooling system, it will now hold coolant. The 'steam tee' is a 'Jags That Run' (JTR) item that also has a petcock that lets you bleed air from the system, the extra tubing was added to minimize the amount of rubber hose in the mix. Also got my new harness while I was out of town and yesterday I got it hooked up to the engine, still a lot to wire in, though. Had to rework the air intake to get the MAF closer to the throttle body and within the maximum distance to avoid problems.
new engine 8.jpg
new engine 13.jpg

new engine 11.jpg

Last edited:
Got the brake proportioning valve from @Racer65 installed.

Went from this:
IMG_20170430_145633_zpsvwty6jm3.jpg

... to this!
IMG_20170505_082551_zpshiis3c3m.jpg

Had to wait to do this until i had a helper (or a couple helpers as it turned out) to bleed the brakes after.
IMG_20170430_155511_zpst1byjftq.jpg

The improvement in braking is dramatic. No more rear locking. Squealing brakes was fun for scaring people cutting me off at intersections:flipoff2:, but not so fun to get sideways in a real hard brake:censor:.

Just got done changing the oil. Had to drive a punch through the old Fram oil filter to get it free. King Kong must have been working at the Jiffy L%^$ as tight as it was screwed on. Got it done and I'm feeling lots better.:)
Darn typo, it will NOW hold coolant.

Whew!!

I read, reread and reread... And was trying to figure out why you were so proud that it wouldn't hold coolant!! :hmm:

Glad it holds coolant!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom