What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Boy I wish I knew you had them, just spent about 40 bucks on some.

Got the top side of the trans hump as good as its going to get, by no means perfect but better.
From this...
DSCN0587.JPG

To this...
DSCN0923.JPG

This side looks better
DSCN0925.JPG

Finished repairing tranny hump one side was pretty rotten
filled in the cowl vent drains, as that will be sealed up

tried all kinds of stuff to clean off the cooked on under coating, bug and tar remover worked the best maybe the kids wont bend it

Nice work. I have to do the same but my two candidates each share some weaknesses. It'll be a FrankenHump. One must be a 3 speed, and one a 4 based on the size differences in the holes.

IMG_1970.JPG
IMG_1972.JPG
IMG_1973.JPG
IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_1976.JPG

Nice work. I have to do the same but my two candidates each share some weaknesses. It'll be a FrankenHump. One must be a 3 speed, and one a 4 based on the size differences in the holes.

View attachment 1454173 View attachment 1454174 View attachment 1454175 View attachment 1454176
View attachment 1454177

That ought to come out good, metal doesn't look to be stretched. You'll have her good to go in no time.
Are you going to use the flange off the 3 speed to repair the 4 speed hump or put the center section off the 4 speed on the 3 speed?

Last edited:
That ought to come out good, metal doesn't look to be stretched. You'll have her good to go in no time.
Are you going to use the flange off the 3 speed to repair the 4 speed hump or put the center section off the 4 speed on the 3 speed?

I'm thinking put the center of the 4 speed onto the 3 speed. Lots less cutting and welding.

Got the top side of the trans hump as good as its going to get, by no means perfect but better.
From this...View attachment 1454145
To this...View attachment 1454146
This side looks betterView attachment 1454147

View attachment 1454173 View attachment 1454174 View attachment 1454175 View attachment 1454176
View attachment 1454177

It's like staring into my future...
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom