What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

180,000 mile service done. Replaced CV boot, steering bushing. Going down to Southern Utah next week for the first 'trip' with my truck and Kakadu trailer setup.

Wash & wax, oil change, engine bay cleaning, removed front dust caps, and stretched out the suspension a bit!
image.jpg

Had the Lexus dealership do my front brakes (I've given up on Toyota dealerships around here and my indie shop is booked for a few weeks - plus my mom gave me a certificate the last time I saw her for being a loyal customer).

I brought the pads, rotors, calipers. Had the fluid flushed, plus they repacked the front bearings (which apparently they do with every 100 Series front brake job unless you request they don't do it).

Last edited:
New starter..

Install is really not that bad, left everything on the drivers side connected and just held up the manifold with a strap.

IMG_1300.JPG

New 20" led bar, some piaa led rounds and new led rear back up lights

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427939388.798386.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427939499.806918.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427939472.802689.jpg

Replaced all 4 02 sensors tonight. Not really all that hard - lucky to own a rig that has very little rust. Sprayed some PB on all the appropriate places while waiting for the exhaust to cool down. I did pull the wheels to make it easier and since mine is missing the inner fender covers - super easy to just reach in and take them out. Undoing the clips was harder then loosening the sensors. Just for kicks took a pic of the new and old side by side. Bought the Denso OEM replacements from rockauto - total for all 4 with 5% discount was $168 delivered. Everything fit correctly, all connectors were a direct plug and play, gaskets and anti-seize included. Cables on the sensors are a couple inches longer than what was on the vehicle so added a few cable ties just to keep everything tucked in place. Everything worked perfect on first start, obd info all great. Now to watch the mpg for the next few tanks and see if changing out 240k 16yr old sensors makes any difference on the beast.

IMAG1259.jpg

IMAG1261.jpg

IMAG1260.jpg

Out of curiosity - does anyone know what this connector is supposed to go to? Located right next to o2 sensor plug on drivers side manifold sensor. I first saw this when I had all the oil pans and such removed but after searching for 10-15 minutes couldn't find any open or un-accounted for wires anywhere in the vicinity.
IMAG1267.jpg

Last edited:
New OEM shocks
Force Balance on all four tires and then rotated
Front end Alignment, was able to get the steering wheel recentered
Drive line greased and lubed

Waiting on a Stoptech brake package to come in for the rear......

New replacement battery from Sears. First one lasted 14 months. Not too happy about that.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428099501.763411.jpg

That's not very long - and after reviewing the ExPo thread Sears Diehard Battery Warranty Stinks, I'm reevaluating a replacement for the DHP in my LC when it goes.

What kind of warranty replacement did you get @fireball? Anything?

They have a 36 month warranty. Free replacement but no reset of the warranty.

22 months remaining!

I guess at least they honored it - that's good to hear. Some of those in the ExPo thread weren't so lucky w/o a receipt.

I bought online and had no issue getting it replaced. Apparently if it is within one year they reset the 36 month warranty but in my case the clock remains ticking.

5 hours later rear barrier/shelf is built, a little touch up tomorrow with the grinder and some primer and paint.
IMG_20150403_204043822.jpg

Installed a hernia getting that friggin 35" M/T on the rear bumper...

IMG_4713BW.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom