What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (56 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few updates in the last week and a half:

Got my 300,000 mile sticker from Toyota.
1704320312319.jpeg

Next, I painted, and then Plastidipped, the grille. Originally I was just going to paint the outside chrome a matte or satin black, but after doing that and unwrapping the interior, it just made the worn black plastic on the rest of the grille look worse.
1704319816515.jpeg

Got some White Knuckle sliders (angled up 15 deg) from another Mud member and installed them. And @BenCC hooked me up with some new fog light housings to replace the stock fog lights. They are Diode Dynamics Elite Series B lights, originally had been on a Tacoma, and I bought them from a guy selling them on Facebook. I had to get two adapter harnesses to go from H11 to 9006 connectors, only like $10 on Amazon. All in all, some fun Christmas break projects and nice aesthetic updates!
1704320212683.png

1704320223899.png

1704320200137.jpeg

A few updates in the last week and a half:

Got my 300,000 mile sticker from Toyota.
View attachment 3524160

Next, I painted, and then Plastidipped, the grille. Originally I was just going to paint the outside chrome a matte or satin black, but after doing that and unwrapping the interior, it just made the worn black plastic on the rest of the grille look worse.
View attachment 3524155

Got some White Knuckle sliders (angled up 15 deg) from another Mud member and installed them. And @BenCC hooked me up with some new fog light housings to replace the stock fog lights. They are Diode Dynamics Elite Series B lights, originally had been on a Tacoma, and I bought them from a guy selling them on Facebook. I had to get two adapter harnesses to go from H11 to 9006 connectors, only like $10 on Amazon. All in all, some fun Christmas break projects and nice aesthetic updates!
View attachment 3524158

View attachment 3524159

View attachment 3524157
Fog lights turned out nice @BenCC turns out great products

What brand of cross bars are you running on top?

Spend the weekend updating the storage setup in the trunk. Previously this compartments lids were held down with some recessed magnets. A few times on trips these have released and been annoying. Swapped them out for some Southco latches and some wood brackets. Next up is to carpet the whole top surface.

IMG_8996.jpeg

IMG_8997.jpeg

IMG_9003.jpeg

Stripping out the interior to begin cleaning the nasty filth that was left behind by the previous owners with 4 kids and 2 Great Danes.
Pulling out the center console now. Finding objects that I can't see an opening large enough to fit thru, and the gooey mess.
They didn't just spill liquids, it looks as if they just haphazardly poured them into the console. A wonderful concoction of milk, coffee, and sodas. Fun!
This is Labrador man…I wonder what Great Dane tastes like 😂

White Rim Trail. Have been to Moab 11 times or so and done Hell's, Fin's and many, many more but never was able to work White Rim in. Doing it 2 days after Christmas was the way to go! We met I think 3 vehicles over two days but no other overnighters at any of the designated camping spots. We will definitley do it again. I logged 94.7 miles total. Didn't need it but having a full 4-gallon Roto on the swingout made me feel better. :) Tried an awning room. I think I will sell (keep the awning though) and just go with a Gazelle 90-second setup hub tent. Setting up the awning and then zipping the awning room to it in the dark in 20-degree weather was not ideal.

IMG_3204.jpeg

IMG_3208.jpeg

IMG_3210.jpeg

IMG_3218.jpeg

IMG_3235.jpeg

Last edited:
I've done some major work over the last month that I probably should have documented here, but this weekend, I made some brackets for the grille where the tab was broken off the light. I used two-part epoxy to bond it to the plastic with the screw holding it in place. It's very strong. I finished up the pinch weld and used a rivet to secure the plastic in place (I didn't have to cut it). I changed the thermostat, cleaned up the engine cover, and got the truck ready to go for an alignment, timing belt change, inspection, and brake fluid change.

I also had a new Ironman front bumper delivered yesterday, so that's the next project!

81CAEA80-988F-4332-AB97-6185D02761FF_1_102_o.jpeg

Old one is on the right. Note seals are cracked.
B4BE3DE9-A424-4553-85F7-8E4AD43C2436_4_5005_c.jpeg

8E3DB702-E03D-4601-97F9-E4E82E8373CE_1_102_o.jpeg

1F530468-45F3-4653-964F-2E111F2AD836_1_102_o.jpeg

I finally tackled the height control bouncy suspension with a fluid flush and four new accumulators/globes. The transformation is incredible! Like riding on a cloud. Night and day difference. It's like a new vehicle. The old accumulators/globes were original as far as I can tell, which makes them 25 years old and over 80,000 miles. So they were definitely due for replacement.

Will second row seats from an 02 or newer fit into a 98?

Needing the car seat Latches in this stage of life.

Will second row seats from an 02 or newer fit into a 98?

Needing the car seat Latches in this stage of life.
Yes! I retrofitted 02 LX seats in my old 98 - they were a direct fit

Performed an AHC delete on my LX470 with much assistance from this forum. Got used LC100 rear springs and torsion bars from Cruiser Yard. Installed Gabriel Ultra Shocks as 95% of my usage is on the pavement. Rides great. Please see a thread I started about rear stabilizer bar link collar concern.

Yes! I retrofitted 02 LX seats in my old 98 - they were a direct fit
Thanks!!

PSA: in search of your 100 2002+ second row seats and also in search of any year 3rd row seats. Tan preferred.

Thanks!!

PSA: in search of your 100 2002+ second row seats and also in search of any year 3rd row seats. Tan preferred.
Where are you located? Just took 2nd and 3rd row tan to local junkyard who has several LC/LX's

Where are you located? Just took 2nd and 3rd row tan to local junkyard who has several LC/LX's
St. Louis, Lower Alabama, FL panhandle. We’re all over

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom