What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can see how that is confusing..... I moved to MI from San Diego. 4/10 - the food is bland and boring.
Welcome to the north brother!

I installed the Grom VLite VT2 in my 05 Lexus. I like it, my only gripe is the sound quality. It just not quite clean sounding, but then again, my daily driver has a harmon kardon system, so I might be a bit biased. The highs are a bit muffled and I am unable to resolve it after adjusting all sound settings on the factory system. It's almost like it's being transmitted with a lower than normal bitrate. I notice the same audio quality when using wired carplay as well, so it leads me to believe it's the device rather than the connection. It takes up a pretty large part of the glove box. Other bluetooth options (BT45-TOY and Crux BTS-ty1) had better audio quality, but I really don't want to have to use my phone for nav when taking longer trips. So I compromised. Curious who else has had issues with the audio quality of the VLite2.

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Rebuilt all Fuel injectors in bank 2, fuel filter (All Denso of course)

Shout out to @mr2m1 for going out of his way to make arrangements to drop off his old stock bumper cover so I could replace my crummy scuffed and cut up failed hitch receiver bumper concept.

Before:
IMG_1242.jpeg

After:
IMG_1240.jpeg

Not perfect, but MUCH better. Will buff out some of the scratches and imperfections at a later time (possibly). It’s going to get scratched and dinged up on the trail anyways.

I installed the Grom VLite VT2 in my 05 Lexus. I like it, my only gripe is the sound quality. It just not quite clean sounding, but then again, my daily driver has a harmon kardon system, so I might be a bit biased. The highs are a bit muffled and I am unable to resolve it after adjusting all sound settings on the factory system. It's almost like it's being transmitted with a lower than normal bitrate. I notice the same audio quality when using wired carplay as well, so it leads me to believe it's the device rather than the connection. It takes up a pretty large part of the glove box. Other bluetooth options (BT45-TOY and Crux BTS-ty1) had better audio quality, but I really don't want to have to use my phone for nav when taking longer trips. So I compromised. Curious who else has had issues with the audio quality of the VLite2.
I had the same issue when I installed the GROM in mine. The sound quality was complete garbage, anything above like 20 just sounded so washed out and basically distorted. So unfortunately ripped it out and sent it back and just using my VAIS still. Works fine, but definitely wish there was a better CarPlay option

I had the same issue when I installed the GROM in mine. The sound quality was complete garbage, anything above like 20 just sounded so washed out and basically distorted. So unfortunately ripped it out and sent it back and just using my VAIS still. Works fine, but definitely wish there was a better CarPlay option
The other option for me was to use a bluetooth adapter (Vais, Crux, USASpec) along with an external carplay screen that goes on top of the dash. I just didnt' want the wires everywhere. It kills me that $400 bucks later and I am having to compromise.

This uses the stock panhard bar, right?

Did use the new, lower hole in the upper/frame-side mount?
Yes stock bar. I raised the axle side mount 2 inches with the new bracket. Didn't do anything to the frame side mount although the kit came with another bracket to lower that side an additional inch if I want to in the future. The bar is fairly level at this point.

Rebuilt the front end with:
-Rebooted OEM CVs (tundra inner boot)
-New drive flanges
-DS rotor dust cover, gasket, oil seal
-Dobinson's UCAs w/ 555 UBJs (had to get a shop to press the BJs in)
-New inner and outer TREs and boots
-New OEM LCAs, torsion bar brackets, replaced No. 2 bushing in frame
-Installed Perry Parts bump stops in the rear position

Used a jack to torque the control arm bushing at ride height. New hardware throughout, oil change, and alignment. Time to start thinking about replacing the ~6 year old tires and OME shocks!

DS.jpg
PS.jpg

While it pales in comparison to @JAntosch above, I feel an equally great sense of accomplishment!

I have a, new to me, '06 LC that I'm baselining and making sound, & it of course has its share of little non-critical things to address or figure out. One of those things was the non-functional backup camera. I had a black screen, but the "check your surroundings" message displayed, which I found to be hopeful. After a fair amount of reading on the issue, several posts pointed to the camera itself....but at a crazy amount of $$ to replace with OEM, I put it on the "maybe someday list". And then last week I stumble across a NEW, out of the box OEM camera on Ebay for $60. Hmmmmm, things that appear too good to be true usually are.....but it was worth the gamble.

It just arrived, I just installed it, and............................it works!! Super happy at the moment, now I gotta go order my new radiator, LOL!

From this
IMG_4270.jpeg

To this
IMG_4275.jpeg
IMG_4274.jpeg

I’ve always liked the later year 100 series OEM wheels but mine were faded, stained and scuffed. Had these powder coated in hyper silver. Really happy with the results, including the black out on the cap logos. If you’re in Atlanta and need wheel refinishing, I’ve got the guy!

From this
View attachment 3472155
To this
View attachment 3472157View attachment 3472158
I’ve always liked the later year 100 series OEM wheels but mine were faded, stained and scuffed. Had these powder coated in hyper silver. Really happy with the results, including the black out on the cap logos. If you’re in Atlanta and need wheel refinishing, I’ve got the guy!
Funny, I just pulled over into a random parking lot to talk to a guy doing a mobile refinishing and repair to somebody’s wheels. Mine need it something fierce. Got rust starting around the valve stems and chips and scrapes all over them. How much did you end up paying? Just a ballpark so I’ll know what to expect! Those look great BTW

Funny, I just pulled over into a random parking lot to talk to a guy doing a mobile refinishing and repair to somebody’s wheels. Mine need it something fierce. Got rust starting around the valve stems and chips and scrapes all over them. How much did you end up paying? Just a ballpark so I’ll know what to expect! Those look great BTW
$150 per wheel. Hard to imagine a mobile refinish since they couldn’t remove the tires and stems. It would probably be more of a touch up. Hopefully cheaper though!

I got an OEM skid plate awhile back off of Craigslist from a guy who ended up being an mud member. So today I finally got a chance to wire wheel the rust, degreas it a bunch of times, do the whole POR 15 process, and then paint it. I actually did a final coat of Rust-Oleum hammered black just because I had some around.

I made the final adjustments to the bumper and drilled the final 4 holes that pin it in place. Ceramic coated the freshly buffed headlights as well.

I got some other maintenance done on the other vehicles while I was at it.

1000016760.jpg
1000016761.jpg
1000016767.jpg
1000016769.jpg

$150 per wheel. Hard to imagine a mobile refinish since they couldn’t remove the tires and stems. It would probably be more of a touch up. Hopefully cheaper though!
That’s not bad! Yea he recommended actually bringing mine into the shop to do them since they had so much pitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom