What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (64 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made it float. If diff parts get here as scheduled, maybe I can at least put the back tires on the ground.

IMG_1489.JPG

Lots of tweaking but it’s in now. Still have just a few aesthetic tweaks to make and then secure it down. Very pleased so far.
(still have access to ALL cubbies, driver side cup holder even comes down)
20C59D6B-86F4-4FA0-B01A-5F93469CA02C.jpeg

A ridiculous amount of money later....

DB903EA5-3EA1-4F75-9841-6EA75E808DF6.jpeg

Figured "might as well" when I placed an order with Delta VS for some other stuff. The drop bracket is killer strong and only took about 45min to install (the wheels were already out of the way as the diff is out).

IMG_1490.jpeg

Purchased a overland pro free standing awning but had trouble bolting the provided brackets (and ubolts) to my Baja rack since I did not have secure anchor points. I was able to bolt to the roof rack bracket but I had to get creative to come up with a second anchor point. I found some metal bar stock to cut, grind and drill to create a clamp that will keep each of the 3 brackets in place.

Update: mounted the awning

IMG_20210502_080639.jpg

IMG_20210505_094841.jpg

Last edited:
Purchased a overland pro free standing awning but had trouble bolting the provided brackets (and ubolts) to my Baja rack since I did not have secure anchor points. I was able to bolt to the roof rack bracket but I had to get creative to come up with a second anchor point. I found some metal bar stock to cut, grind and drill to create a clamp that will keep each of the 3 brackets in place.

View attachment 2663581
3 brackets? Did you get their 6K awning? I had the same issue attaching brackets to my chinesium roof rack on the stock bars. but I made it work with pre-drilled and cut flat stock. Pretty happy with the amount of shade for my 4K, knew I'd have to get a real roof rack to do the 6K.

IMG-6622.jpg

3 brackets? Did you get their 6K awning? I had the same issue attaching brackets to my chinesium roof rack on the stock bars. but I made it work with pre-drilled and cut flat stock. Pretty happy with the amount of shade for my 4K, knew I'd have to get a real roof rack to do the 6K.

View attachment 2663860
Yes I got the 6k. I had their previous generation awning and quickly learned we need something to cover more area. The brackets shipped with ubolt but the Baja rack does not have 1inch tubing in locations appropriate to mount. I spoke to the guys at overland pros and they suggested I weld tubing. After looking at what I had to work with I came up with mounting to rack frame bracket and adding two pieces of metal to secure each rear portion of the bracket to the basket. It is very strong now and I don't think it's going anywhere

Hello Folks. First post.

I am located in Collin county, Texas area. I purchased my first Vehicle of this type last weekend from a guy down in South Louisiana and towed it back home to North Texas. I am glad that I told it and did not try to drive it, after I have gotten at home.

Let’s say that I may have made a bad purchase. I wind up taking people at their word instead of going over it with a fine tooth comb, as I know to do. Oh well…

I took it to my local Toyota dealership where they have a resident expert on the 100s and he gave her a complete look over. The Toyota dealership gave me a quote of almost $14,000 to fix everything they said needed to be fixed. (someone told me that Toyotas were cheap to fix! LOL)
after I brought it back home from the dealership, I started going over myself and I’m now in the process of discovering issues.

I decided to change the spark plugs this afternoon with the Denso iridium SK20R11’s.
The driver side bank of spark plugs required a bit of acrobatics, but I finish them off without much difficulty. The second side looked like it was going to be much easier.

While pulling the plugs, I quickly noticed that three of the four were covered in oil. It looks like a valve gasket replacemrntis in order next. 🤨

Question is, is there anything else I need to address while I have the valve cover off at the same time?

The list of items that I have to address include:
New timing belt… This vehicle has 209,000 miles on it
New brakes and rotors
Heater T’s and hoses
Rear main seal
New rubber hoses throughout the engine
drain and replace fluids with correct fluids
Change out the battery to the right size cranking amps
Put on new tires, as the new tires the gentleman put on them were the cheapest brand I think I had ever seen… I had no idea there was even such a brand. Savero SUV tires. 🤨😔
CCEA4A3A-C253-40C3-B23D-CF70E9E98F56.jpeg
s
4735E2C3-EB8B-4141-8BF6-D97A93537F0E.jpeg

good thing I bought this as a project for my son and I to work on.

anyway, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself along with my vehicle.

8A9B5512-9D0F-4632-B2F3-C816A4192CF6.jpeg

477F0FF5-73F3-41CB-BB39-25C43BB67AA2.jpeg

20F11954-BC87-4A8E-9732-ADACF920F3D9.jpeg

Hello Folks. First post.

I am located in Collin county, Texas area. I purchased my first Vehicle of this type last weekend from a guy down in South Louisiana and towed it back home to North Texas. I am glad that I told it and did not try to drive it, after I have gotten at home.

Let’s say that I may have made a bad purchase. I wind up taking people at their word instead of going over it with a fine tooth comb, as I know to do. Oh well…

I took it to my local Toyota dealership where they have a resident expert on the 100s and he gave her a complete look over. The Toyota dealership gave me a quote of almost $14,000 to fix everything they said needed to be fixed. (someone told me that Toyotas were cheap to fix! LOL)
after I brought it back home from the dealership, I started going over myself and I’m now in the process of discovering issues.

I decided to change the spark plugs this afternoon with the Denso iridium SK20R11’s.
The driver side bank of spark plugs required a bit of acrobatics, but I finish them off without much difficulty. The second side looked like it was going to be much easier.

While pulling the plugs, I quickly noticed that three of the four were covered in oil. It looks like a valve gasket replacemrntis in order next. 🤨

Question is, is there anything else I need to address while I have the valve cover off at the same time?

The list of items that I have to address include:
New timing belt… This vehicle has 209,000 miles on it
New brakes and rotors
Heater T’s and hoses
Rear main seal
New rubber hoses throughout the engine
drain and replace fluids with correct fluids
Change out the battery to the right size cranking amps
Put on new tires, as the new tires the gentleman put on them were the cheapest brand I think I had ever seen… I had no idea there was even such a brand. Savero SUV tires. 🤨😔View attachment 2664176sView attachment 2664179

good thing I bought this as a project for my son and I to work on.

anyway, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself along with my vehicle.

View attachment 2664182

View attachment 2664185

View attachment 2664191
Most of that is pretty normal stuff. I would make sure it's your rear main seal that's leaking before I got too far into that one, versus oil leaking from the back of your valve covers.

Last edited:
I replaced my motor and trans mounts yesterday. I think my motor mounts were long past due... the driver's side was completely separated upon removal! The passenger side and the trans mounts were compressed by a mil or two and were showing signs of separations. This seems to have reduced a fair amount of cabin vibration and drone too.

PXL_20210501_181616099.jpg

PXL_20210501_181801831.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom