What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (27 Viewers)

I replaced my motor and trans mounts yesterday. I think my motor mounts were long past due... the driver's side was completely separated upon removal! The passenger side and the trans mounts were compressed by a mil or two and were showing signs of separations. This seems to have reduced a fair amount of cabin vibration and drone too.

PXL_20210501_181616099.jpg

PXL_20210501_181801831.jpg

Added an Apple MagSafe puck to the phone mount and ditched the Ram X-Grip. It’s easier to put my phone in place but hitting the phone with my knee now means the phone is on the floor. Got this installed before the 1,000 mile round trip road trip I took with the family.

View attachment 2659326

View attachment 2659327

Looks really great, is that a ram mount specifically made to hold the mag safe puck or did you rig something up? Finally upgraded to a 12 mini and now I want a mag safe chargers everywhere!

@Superdude

That trimmed bumper looks great!

+1 love it! @Superdude Did you follow any sort of template or just go at it until it looked good?

Thanks guys. Took all of 15 minutes. I do lift installs on Tacomas weekly. Have done a few Viper cuts now.

I used blue painters tape to make my line. Cut both sides evenly. One cut each side.

Edit: I cut outside of this lower bracket. If cut further, it would expose the bumper reinforcement. This bracket holds the bottom of the bumper on as well.
20210503_190900.jpg

Last edited:

Eyedaho

SILVER Star
I replaced my motor and trans mounts yesterday. I think my motor mounts were long past due... the driver's side was completely separated upon removal! The passenger side and the trans mounts were compressed by a mil or two and were showing signs of separations. This seems to have reduced a fair amount of cabin vibration and drone too.

View attachment 2664461

View attachment 2664462
Ok, I've been putting this one off but now I'm ordering them tomorrow. Anyone know the difference between the two part numbers? 1236150120 and 121? I'm assuming it's just a supersession, but Partsouq has both for like $1 difference.

Replaced rear springs with heavy duty ones, wagon is still 70mm higher than before even loaded up haha

Pulled the burnt out wiper motor, snapped off some of the linkage in the process, will have to replace the whole lot now, all the plastic bushings have gone hard and brittle.

Looks really great, is that a ram mount specifically made to hold the mag safe puck or did you rig something up? Finally upgraded to a 12 mini and now I want a mag safe chargers everywhere!

Yes it is. Well, sort of. The company makes two versions, one with the 1" ball and one made for a different type of mount. I'm cheap and had a spare Ram base mount so I bought the cheaper version and just used two screws to attach it to my existing base. Here's a link to both if you're interested. On the $12 puck mount, the holes do not line up with the holes in the Ram 2 hole diamond shaped base so I had to drill a new hole. Not a big deal as I'm used to that type of stuff and I expected it.

This week was:
  • Plastidip the old/ sun blistered faux chrome license plate surround and the front grille. Not sure on the color, but the great thing about plastidip is I can just shoot some other color over it. This took one rattlecan, and is better than it was. So... good for now. A little bit of experimenting/ practice for probably the whole truck after I sand down the peeling/ failed clear on the hood and roof, bang out/ level a few little dents and creases, and otherwise spend a weekend sprucing. The "L" didn't hold around the edge when I peeled, so, upside, we've tested the peeling and yeah, it comes off, and downside, still have a shiny L back there. I may debadge entirely since I'll have the bondo out for a couple little creases elsewhere anyway, and I think the L has a couple holes for pins behind it.
  • Greased the rear driveshaft some; I'd guess a third of a tube's worth. Clunk is lessened maybe but not gone - I think it still needs more in there, and I need to find all the other zerks and give them some love too. Have heard the cautions, and am proceeding carefully... but I'm pretty confident it was likely entirely dry up in there. So, there's that adventure.
  • Calculated my gas mileage... abysmal, lol. At least I'm in the double digits (12.2mpg!), but... wow. Coming from a 4cyl Hyundai sedan it's shocking how much fuel Larry wants. Oh well. Pay to play I guess.
    IMG-0690.jpg
    IMG-0691.jpg

Just did a mod for my trail radio, used a piece of hardwood cut to fit snugly in tape deck. Magnetic mount for the hand mic.
13FED2C8-1F79-422F-AD37-8F2CA90288EB.jpeg
BA595571-526F-47E9-A262-0A1378615ADA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom