What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@UTadventures the issue isnt whether the dissent bumper or the slee blueberry will survive, its will it protect your hood, grille, and headlights. ARB with the reinforced bar work has been proven to plow deer head on, in the corner, w/e and take almost no damage. I think with the bumpers that have no upper barwork theres a chance the struck deer could cause some body work damage to your grill, hood, or headlights.

That all makes sense. For me, personally, any front bumper buy would be for off road recovery facilitation, really just a place to stick a winch. There are plenty of deer here, but not so close to people that they wind up causing TOO too much havoc on the roads. But if I lived up in the midwest or northeast in one of those places where apparently there's more deer than people and/or the population density of both is such that there's too much overlap... I'd probably want the upper hoops too.

Congrats! I just ordered a very similar kit from Jason. Just waiting on upper control arms and rear springs, I think. I'm going to run the OEM torsion bars since I'm not running any extra weight up front. Still trying to decide spring option (Lightest Tour Flex option vs. Lightweight Gold springs-TDC949L). What springs did you go with?

Thanks! Yea I saved up for quite awhile. Even sold a surfboard and some fishing poles which is blasphemy. Haha.

Jason recommended the lightweight gold springs so that’s what I went with. So far I’m really happy handled both on and off road.

Drained and filled the tranny, all new fluids in front, rear diffs and TC. Also cleaned the throttle body and MAF sensor for the first time. Noticeable improvement in gas mileage and no more fuel smell near the rear during idle. Pretty sure the PO had never done this before...gonna make this part of regular maintenance.

Replaced the goofy spare tire locking system on the '06 LX with a new cable lowering mechanism from Partsouq that uses the bottle jack hook. Mud crud ice and rust in that teeny weeny lowering mechanism is just not conducive to efficient recovery in offroad or expedition situations IMO.

Part No. 5190060194

Last edited:
This isn’t what you want your coil packs to look like.
5DEC0ACA-F911-4CDC-8756-E4DA2100C5A1.jpeg

Replaced the assembly that contains tach, temp, and oil pressure. Never, ever found the separate tach subassembly for purchase anywhere. Business opportunity for anyone who can fix the six dash dials in the LX, especially the 98-02 flavors !!

Hi all, new here with a ‘98. Just got her a few weeks ago.
CBE4C857-359E-413C-AAC1-CE971F7143FE.jpeg
Replaced antenna mast and hood/hatch struts the first week.
Installed shock absorbing hitch step and LED interior and tag bulbs the next week.
This week removed the running boards and spooned on some 32’s to replace worn out Michelins. Just some used tires to run until the front end gets sorted out so I don’t grind up new tires with uneven wear.
1280DAB8-ECDD-4658-BBA6-AE61BA044CBF.jpeg

061869D1-8661-47B5-9440-D9BFC5E8FF08.jpeg

Last edited:
Few months ago I got a new Costco battery, well it started leaking so I replaced it with a brand new one under warranty. Odd.

Also ordered a pair of Freedom Off Road control arms. They are back ordered but sent me an e-mail saying they are expecting to ship them out around 8/9.

Ordered a roof top rod holder and now need to figure out a DIY rack set up since I deleted the OEM rack. My approach:

Step 1: Order the rack mounts from Gamiviti.
Step 2: They arrive. You drool. Everyone in house gets excited about the shiny bits. Clean up drool. Get your kids to help you put them together.

Side note: You almost certainly can’t make better mounts on your own. These are incredible.

Step 3: Time to install and take final measurements for the aluminum extrusions. Doing that now.

1E8C07F2-4F43-4898-BAE0-25D4494DFB5B.jpeg

58146D7B-8C44-4E47-80E2-F481BB5B3530.jpeg

Had a good morning cleaning MAF sensor, throttle body, and new air filter.
Photo Aug 01, 1 31 39 PM.jpg

Should’ve stopped while I was ahead.
Went to clear off residual glue from wood trim removal - using Goof Off - and totally screwed up the clean black center dash piece I worked so hard on revealing under the wood trim. Guess I’ll try to source a new piece from a part out, or see how much local dealership will sell me one for. FML. Stupid mistake.:bang:
Photo Aug 01, 3 46 24 PM.jpg

Hoping to find this piece in a part-out sometime soon, or try to figure out how to recover my current one. Kicking myself for this...
Photo Aug 01, 4 08 35 PM.jpg

Few months ago I got a new Costco battery, well it started leaking so I replaced it with a brand new one under warranty. Odd.
I'm on my 2nd one in 3 years. As long as they keep doing warranty replacements, I'm golden.

Pulled the rear bumper to get ready for installing a Dobinsons.

1596319856248.png

Had a good morning cleaning MAF sensor, throttle body, and new air filter.
View attachment 2390336
Should’ve stopped while I was ahead.
Went to clear off residual glue from wood trim removal - using Goof Off - and totally screwed up the clean black center dash piece I worked so hard on revealing under the wood trim. Guess I’ll try to source a new piece from a part out, or see how much local dealership will sell me one for. FML. Stupid mistake.:bang:
View attachment 2390338
Hoping to find this piece in a part-out sometime soon, or try to figure out how to recover my current one. Kicking myself for this...
View attachment 2390339
Maybe you can sand it and paint it?

Cleaned up the read diff and shock area to get ready for the suspension drop.

1596325613529.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom