What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (57 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The results look very clean and neat. :cool:

View attachment 2337016

The fit and finish are very good. The only setback I had this morning was dropping a nylock nut down into the depths of the engine bay never to be seen again :doh: So I had to make a run to Lowe's for it's replacement.

View attachment 2337018

The test drive went beautifully. There is now a V8 growl under acceleration where once it sounded like a Tesla. :steer:
Where would someone find a intake like this online? Would CarId carry this product for the LX470?

AutoAnything also lists one...

IMG_20200612_164232.jpg
Finished installing 20" Sequoia wheels. Front center caps need some modifications to fit. Looks like I could fit more tire in there.
Seeking input on wheel color: Keep them Silver, Matte Black, or Heritage Bronze?

Last edited:
Got off my butt and did a couple things.
-Found some old rack bushings and used the sleeves inside with the washers for the spare Tire mod. Perfect length!
-Ended up having the pintle pattern holes in my rear bumper frame. Ordered the receiver and need to drill the last two holes In the plastics to expose the captive nuts just above.
-Painted my wheels flat black.

C454AD8C-0171-4529-A555-00F93212F707.jpeg

DAF76E51-351E-4FD9-A8AD-5EC89CA10A36.jpeg

FDC6F7F7-D9D1-409F-8757-0B59E8715FCC.jpeg

696AC0E9-EC70-4CF0-9D91-AA0164C48752.jpeg

Went out to load the Cruiser up for a rafting trip tomorrow and found it wouldn't start, just a single click. Took the engine cover off and after a few whacks via some long 1/2" extensions and a hammer it started right up. Seems the water crossings and mud from earlier in the week may have done it in.

On a side note, it struck me as odd that a man wearing a Land Rover t-shirt was working on a broken down Land Cruiser... There's just something wrong about that...:doh:

1ED4642B-FCE8-474A-8F41-A42C5AD3E8D6.jpeg

The results look very clean and neat. :cool:

View attachment 2337016

The fit and finish are very good. The only setback I had this morning was dropping a nylock nut down into the depths of the engine bay never to be seen again :doh: So I had to make a run to Lowe's for it's replacement.

View attachment 2337018

The test drive went beautifully. There is now a V8 growl under acceleration where once it sounded like a Tesla. :steer:

Curious if you have ScanGauge or something similar that you are using to monitor the engine? I'm interested to know how this modification affects air intake temperatures?

Curious if you have ScanGauge or something similar that you are using to monitor the engine? I'm interested to know how this modification affects air intake temperatures?

I'm not using a ScanGauge at the moment Pete. Many folks believe the only cold air getting in there is at cold start. :rofl: The box is just wishful thinking.:devil:

I've had very good luck with K&N for many years, in many mobility platforms and I like to think the 4.7L air pump in the Four7t will as well. Others advise the oil cloth does not do it's job and harmful particulates will infiltrate but I'm not so sure. I will need to stay out of the deep water for now...:cheers:

Got off my butt and did a couple things.
-Found some old rack bushings and used the sleeves inside with the washers for the spare Tire mod. Perfect length!
-Ended up having the pintle pattern holes in my rear bumper frame. Ordered the receiver and need to drill the last two holes In the plastics to expose the captive nuts just above.
-Painted my wheels flat black.

View attachment 2338150

View attachment 2338151

View attachment 2338152

View attachment 2338153
Nice job on spare tire lift. Do you have pics of new receiver installed, source ?
TIA

Finishing my towing setup - 5000 lb unloaded 25’ trailer with 700 lb tongue weight. Probably overkill but using a ProPride 3p hitch I found used. It’s a bit nose up so need to adjust but it rose just fine, AHC happy and could still go from L to N when I tried it. Gas mileage abysmal.

96CEE296-6242-44A4-BA52-69747E8D36C1.jpeg

8E6C463B-5A73-4239-92F2-565BA6A242CF.jpeg

Finishing my towing setup - 5000 lb unloaded 25’ trailer with 700 lb tongue weight. Probably overkill but using a ProPride 3p hitch I found used. It’s a bit nose up so need to adjust but it rose just fine, AHC happy and could still go from L to N when I tried it. Gas mileage abysmal.

View attachment 2338634
View attachment 2338635
Beautiful! You can't go wrong with the ProRide hitch! Great setup!

Purchased an incredible 2005 Land Cruiser. White with 215K well documented miles on it. The vehicle was kept in a climate controlled garaged, meticulously maintained, bathed often and hand dried before being put away for the night. Drives like a dream! And so the build begins.
unnamed.jpg

First things first, went with Dobinsons < 2" lift with torsion bars and the latest and greatest IMS shocks. Install went great this morning. 4 hours later and she's ready for one of a kind wheels and some beautiful Cooper 33's.

Inside she's nice & clean though I think I'll put in the new cushions all around and some nice new leather too. Perhaps two tone, we'll see.

Installed some air lift springs and 30mm spacers. Now my suspension looks like Christmas.
20200613_112132-01.jpeg
20200613_114528-01.jpeg

Anyone know if I need to do anything to retain the coils and spacers now that the internal bumps are removed?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom