What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally put on a set of tires! Went from this...
20200515_195221-01.jpeg

To this!
20200519_193907-01.jpeg

Cooper discoverer AT3 XLT 285/75R18
IMG_20200518_142837-01.jpeg
Stock UCA, Ironman 2" foam cell pro, massaged pinch weld. No spacers. Looks even better in person. :cool:

20200519_185157-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice, any improvement yet on the fuel vapor?

i get some whiffs of gas when climbing hills sometimes as well.
Still too early to say. The new canister has only been installed for about 30 hours.

I'm in love. Had I known that the ride was this smooth I would have opted for MTs years ago. View attachment 2311004
But I guess my husband heard me a mile away. 😂
I forgot but how much lift and what size tires are you running? I was impressed with how your truck did at rausch a while back and trying to take my rig on those same trails this year. Do you remember if they were blue or black trails? My wife rode along with you that day. Thanks!
C962C4F7-3FFB-49C3-BB6A-08C0B4250158.jpeg

Very noice, STT Pro's would look even better. How are the ATs ok in mud/sand ? interested
I'll let you know as soon as I see some:D. Literally just drove home from the tire shop. Only road miles so far. We'll see what trails I can find tomorrow.
I considered the stt pros but I know for as much road driving I do, I needed a tire that was excellent on road. Mud terrain tires are fine for the first half of their life. After that they can be pretty miserable. This is a daily driver for me and the XLTs are reported to have excellent wet road and snow performance in addition to dry road and towing performance. And they look cool for an AT. Plus a 60k mile tread life warranty. But the STT Pros would look cooler. Maybe I need two sets of tires? :hmm:

In the last week the LX got:

-New OE steering reservoir
-New suction and return hoses plus clamps, port seals, and o-ring
-New power steering pump (Maval reman), I’ve had good luck with these on Euros in the past. Quality looks solid, so far so good.
- New OE accessory belt tensioner
- New accessory belt idler
- New alternator (Denso reman)
- New steering gear, remanufactured unit from CVJ, I use them pretty regularly as a vendor for customer vehicles. I’ve never used them for steering gears, only CV remans, but everything looks good and is functioning well.
- New OE outer rod ends.
- Resealed oil cooler and replaced corresponding hoses/clamps with OE parts as they had to be removed to change the rack.
- YotaMd kit replaced busted original fob.

That was pretty much it for this week, next week will be control arms all the way around and a new panhard bar. It’s gratifying to see that clean new reservoir every time I pop the hood, old one was an eyesore.
33949CB5-BD0B-4CAE-A31D-91A89B6B76EE.jpeg

Well let's see....I replaced Upper and lower ball joints, Inner and outer Tie rod ends, Both front axles, adjusted the ride height on the front (The PO had it jacked way the hell up), front-end alignment, and added an aluminum skid plate (factory was AWOL)
IMG-7297.jpg
IMG-7562.jpg
IMG-7582.jpg
IMG-7594.jpg

IMG-7502.jpg

I forgot but how much lift and what size tires are you running? I was impressed with how your truck did at rausch a while back and trying to take my rig on those same trails this year. Do you remember if they were blue or black trails? My wife rode along with you that day. Thanks!
View attachment 2311356

Yes, I remember!

I do blue and black trails at Rausch and even on the black it does a good job of keeping up with the 80s. There were a few times when a locker really would have helped.

It is lifted 2". Even tho I bang up the underside on rocks a lot it is fully armored so I don't worry too much.

Wheeling this past fall with the Gotham City guys, two people spotting me pointed out that its lack of lift makes me a lot less tippy than other rigs when off-camber.

Yes, I remember!

I do blue and black trails at Rausch and even on the black it does a good job of keeping up with the 80s. There were a few times when a locker really would have helped.

It is lifted 2". Even tho I bang up the underside on rocks a lot it is fully armored so I don't worry too much.

Wheeling this past fall with the Gotham City guys, two people spotting me pointed out that its lack of lift makes me a lot less tippy than other rigs when off-camber.
Thanks! Yeah- I was impressed for sure. Is that on 33s?

I'll let you know as soon as I see some:D. Literally just drove home from the tire shop. Only road miles so far. We'll see what trails I can find tomorrow.
I considered the stt pros but I know for as much road driving I do, I needed a tire that was excellent on road. Mud terrain tires are fine for the first half of their life. After that they can be pretty miserable. This is a daily driver for me and the XLTs are reported to have excellent wet road and snow performance in addition to dry road and towing performance. And they look cool for an AT. Plus a 60k mile tread life warranty. But the STT Pros would look cooler. Maybe I need two sets of tires? :hmm:

I just put a set of these on and had them in some mud and sand the day after they were mounted. I was impressed and I feel like the pavement ride is better than the ko2's I had on my TJ, of course the 100 ride is way better than any TJ.

And we have a winner! @ClassyJalopy recommended pulling front prop shaft and drive flanges to diagnose my problem.

After drive shaft drop, no change.

Today I pulled the drive flanges and drove around the block. Silence.

So, diff or axle shafts? I think of failing cvs going click click around a turn, not “BANG whap whap whap whap” on the highway driving straight....

Yes, I drove around the block with my truck's private parts exposed.

8E2690F8-E3B2-4300-A3CF-6488D9B094E8.jpeg

Last edited:
And we have a winner! @ClassyJalopy recommended pulling front prop shaft and drive flanges to diagnose my problem.

After drive shaft drop, no change.

Today I pulled the drive flanges and drove around the block. Silence.

So, diff or axle shafts? I think of failing cvs going click click around a turn, not “BANG whap whap whap whap” on the highway driving straight....

Yes, I drove around the block with my trucks private parts exposed.

View attachment 2312084

Have you drained your differential oil to look for metal?

Have you drained your differential oil to look for metal?
Will do that tomorrow. It’s a 2004, so 4 pinion, and not one of the ones one expects to break, which of course doesn’t mean it’s not broken...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom